Game: ThunderCat Trivia

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by CodeofThundera, May 8, 2011.

1. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

The ballista springs to mind! How many are you looking for?

2. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

You mean like the comlinks they used at first and then Pantho attached to their weapons?

ButterflyBoy and thezaxfactor like this.
  3. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

This is a great guess, but its the sort of thing where we can believe it is still available, just not used.

4. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

Exactly! I'd bet that the writers realized that between communicators, sight beyond sight and Cheetara's sixth sense they had given themselves too many obstacles to having any Thundercat in lone peril. As for in-universe, I like to think that following the events of "Divide and Conquer", the team decided to only communicate when the characters are able to see each other (like how we still see them talking via vehicles, the lair and the tower).

Yer up, Tygra_Rules

5. Tygra_Rules

Oh my! What a funny guess LOL

OK, let me think of something :)

6. Tygra_Rules

Ok, here it is.

In what episodes had Cheetara's speed git her in trouble rather than help her? I can think of two, but there might be more (actually, I think there are three, but can't remember the third one, so I'm not sure LOL).

7. thezaxfactor

Not sure if this is what you're getting at, but I'm thinking of episodes where she accidentally runs into a net, so... "Wild Workout" and "The Doomgaze"?

8. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

I think "Snarf Takes Up The Challenge" and the start of "Pumm-Ra" might be considered too.

9. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

And "Mechanical Plague" as well?

10. Tygra_Rules

LOL... As i said, I was thinking of two and maybe a third one I wasn't sure. Zax got both of them, and Liam got one (Pumm-Ra). I didn't remember that in Mechanical Plague.

If you're ok, I'll give it to Zax :)

11. LiamABC

Fair enough. I must say Mechanical Plague didn't sit right with me either Wilycub.

Tygra_Rules likes this.
  12. Wilycub

If I remember correctly, in "Mechanical Plague" Cheetara is running through the canyons of the Rockmen and suddenly a hug hole appears in front of her. She is not able to stop (even though she tries and skids) and falls into it. So I thought it might qualify too. :)

I'm also totally fine with Zax being declared the winner! :thumbsup

Tygra_Rules likes this.
  13. Tygra_Rules

You're right Wily. Sorry, didn't remember that.

14. LiamABC

I think that's on a par with "Snarf Takes Up The Challenge" where she's running and triggers that net.

15. thezaxfactor

"Mechanical Plague" and "Snarf Takes Up the Challenge" both make sense to me! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

New question:

Which ThunderCat allies have sat at the table in the Lair Council Chamber (on Third Earth), and in which episodes? By my count, there are three.

16. Tygra_Rules

Willa in "Mask of the Gorgon"

I think Ro-Bear in "Snarf Takes Up the Challenge", but not sure...

17. LiamABC

Nayda in "The Thunder-Cutter" must be one.

Mandora should be another but I can't be sure which episode.

18. Wilycub

I think Dr.Domtone also sat at the council table in "Dr. Dometone".

19. thezaxfactor

You've identified all the ones I was thinking of, but I totally miscounted! I'd thought that all the scenes featuring Ro-Ber-Bill (and the Unicorn Keeper) in "Snarf Takes Up the Challenge" all took place in the Control Room, but some of them did take place in the Council Chamber. So this one goes to Tygra_Rules.

I also forgot about the Wollo and Bolkin escapees in "Mumm-Ra Lives! Part II". Sorry, guys—this question was ill-considered!

For what it's worth, Liam, I don't think Mandora ever sets foot inside the Lair. The Tower, yes, and the Lair Courtyard, but not the Lair interior.

Wilycub likes this.
  20. LiamABC

That's why I only said "should" - in theory she's the sort of character that you could easily picture sitting round that table with the Thundercats planning some strategy but I couldn't think which episode it might have happened in, and wondered if it really didn't!