Game: ThunderCat Trivia

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by CodeofThundera, May 8, 2011.

1. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

OK, we've many times complained about how little the show showed Tygra's scientist role, and how much it could have done with it, so here's the new question.

Which episodes have showcased Tygra's properly as a scientist (not an architect)? (Could be showing him in his lab, making some resarch or calculations, etc... I can think of 4 and I have the feeling there might be a fifth one, but might be wrong)

2. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Well there's the obvious "Wolfrat" and I think "Return of the Driller"?

3. Tygra_Rules

"Wolfrat" isd definitely right! And how could I fiorget about "Return of the Driller"? That must be the kne I had on my mind but couldn't remember! (That would make the question a candidate for the quintatet game LOL).

I always liked "Return of the Driller" because of the many scenarios and action, and also because I think it's the only episode (or one of the few) to show the TCs actually working together to save Lion-O from a predicament (a giant worm).

Anyway, let's see if someone else gets the other answers. If not, I'd call it Wily's turn.

LiamABC likes this.
  4. Wilycub

Does "The Crystal Canyon" count? I recall Tygra doing some work in his lab, but I don't remember if it was architectural work or more scientific work.

5. Tygra_Rules

I did think of "Crystal Canyon", but I think the work he was doing there had something to do with some plans, so I think it was related to the architect rather than the scientist :)

6. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

"Thundercubs" part 1? He designs a new engine for the Feliner.

7. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

I am thinking of "Time Switch" as Tygra seems to be the one who understands how Lion-O is regressing in age and calculates it down to the minute. Also "Fireballs of Plundarr" as he deduces that it must be the mutant's sunken ship's engines that are producing the fireballs.

8. Tygra_Rules

Again, that'd be his architect self.

9. Tygra_Rules

"Time Switch" is definitely one in which his scientific mind figures out what is happening and the terribe consequences if they didn't act fast.

I think "Fireballs of Plun-Darr" was more an exmple of deductive logic than scientific reasoning (althogh the former is neceary for the latter).

o Wily has 2 and BB 1. There are two more. Hint: he's not shown saying or preparing anything, but analyzing stuff.

10. LiamABC

Architecture is more to do with buildings. The moment I mentioned in Thundercubs is Tygra being an engineer.

The Shifter has a shot of him doing something scientific when he answers Lion-O and Wilykat's joint call.

Tygra_Rules and ButterflyBoy like this.
  11. Tygra_Rules

You're right about architecture having to do more with buildings, but "designing" is what an architect does, so his work in "Thundercubs" was that of an architect rather than an engineer. In fact the TCs made a lot of references on how Panthro built / could build anything Tygra designed / could design ;)

You got "The Shifter" right though! So far we've got:
    • Wilycub: 2 ("Wolfrat" and "Return of the Driller")
    • BB: 1 ("Time Switch")
    • Liam: 1 ("The Shifter")
    One more to go (think similar to "The Shifter").

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  12. LiamABC

The Demolisher?

13. Tygra_Rules

Nope

New hint: the missing episode centers on another "science" character.

14. LiamABC

The Super-Power Potion?

15. Tygra_Rules

That's it!

Just before Tygra's encounter with Vultureman, he's seen testing something or collecting samples at a river, he even shows a test tube.

So, the final score was:
    • Wilycub: 2 ("Wolfrat" and "Return of the Driller")
    • BB: 1 ("Time Switch")
    • Liam: 2 ("The Shifter", "Super-power Potion")
    As there is a draw between Wily and Liam, you guys could decide who's turn is it. I'd give it to Wily though, as he came first with two correct options, but again, it's up to you :cool

16. LiamABC

I'm willing to let Wilycub take it too. Partly because I don't have the energy to think of a question right now!

Tygra_Rules likes this.
  17. Wilycub

Thanks guys! New question:

Which episode features the RatStar but neither Ratar-O nor Vultureman?

18. LiamABC

Mumm-Rana!

Tygra_Rules likes this.
  19. Wilycub

That's the one! Looks like you'll have to muster up some question-thinking energy anyway! :biggrin

20. LiamABC

True, but I've just got a good night's sleep behind me since then so I'm feeling much more refreshed.

OK, which episodes show or mention Trollogs and/or Giantaurs? I can think of two episodes that mention both, and two others that mention one each, so four episodes minimum to guess.