Game: ThunderCat Trivia

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by CodeofThundera, May 8, 2011.

1. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

"Berbils" and "Return fo the Driller"?

2. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Trollogs were in "Eye of the Beholder".

3. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

"Berbils", "Divide and Conquer", "Eye of the Beholder" and "The Secret of the Ice King".

Wilycub and LiamABC like this.
  4. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

Those are the four I had in mind. You got two of them yourself after the others got one each of the other so it's your turn ButterflyBoy!

5. Tygra_Rules

6. ButterflyBoy

Sorry, I've been drinking.

Ok, new question: In the episode where the Thunderkittens are first given their spaceboards from Panthro, what is different about them that would change in every subsequent episode that they are seen in?

7. LiamABC

Not sure. Something about their design, do they have fins?

8. ButterflyBoy

There is something much more obvious about them. I'm not sure about the fins.

9. LiamABC

Cat symbol?

10. ButterflyBoy

The boards have the symbol on them in their first and all subsequent appearances.

11. LiamABC

Is it which colour board which kitten rides?

ButterflyBoy likes this.
  12. ButterflyBoy

I'll give it to ya. In their first appearance in "The Time Capsule" both boards are the same color of blue and dark red. In every later episode, Kit's board has a light orange color added to it while Kat's stays the same.

13. ButterflyBoy

Hey Liam, did I make it clear enough that it is your turn?

14. LiamABC

Sorry, I forgot. I've been a bit distracted of late, I'm making my debut attempt at standup comedy on Wednesday so my mind has been occupied. I'll see what I can think of for this.

thezaxfactor likes this.
  15. ButterflyBoy

Its all good. I honestly just was not sure I had made it clear.

I'd love to hear more about your debut, though! That is really exciting and awesome to hear about. I've often thought I'd love to try my hand at stand-up but like a lot of people I let my nerves get the best of me. What sort of venue will you be performing at? Any chance you'll have some video to share afterwards? In any case, best of luck!

16. LiamABC

Just a small bar, they have a monthly comedy event and I'm on the bill for this month's. I got chatting to one of the organisers back in December and I have no idea what I said to her that made her think of including me as a performer. The idea of performing was entirely her idea. Oh well, I hope the mystery will be solved on Wednesday!

17. Tygra_Rules

Good luck, Liam!!!

Let us know how it went!

18. LiamABC

Well, as I said elsewhere, it went well and I'm looking into doing more of it.

OK, here's my question. Episodes 1 and 4 have comparable scenes of the Thundercats squaring off and (for the most part) defeating their mutant counterparts (either singly or in groups). But which is the only pairing that's the same in both of those sequences?

19. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

Assuming that one of the Monkians that Tygra encounters on the Flagship is the same Monkian we all know and love (which, based on his one line of dialogue, is definitely possible), then that's the answer: Tygra vs. Monkian!

LiamABC and ButterflyBoy like this.
  20. LiamABC

That's the one. Whether "our" Monkian is among those he's fighting in the first episode wasn't really the issue. I've just always found it curious that in both of those establishing episodes, we see Cheetara, Tygra and Panthro (in the same order) squaring off against opponents, and just one of them was the same pairing. In episode 1, Cheetara made speedy work of a bunch of Reptilians and Panthro similarly dispatched the Jackalmen in short order, then in episode 4, we see Cheetara face off against Jackalman while Panthro takes on Slithe, which is more apt in terms of their physical builds, and sort of feels more like each one is squaring off against his/her opposite number physically, if not quite hierarchically (that would have meant Tygra taking on Slithe).

In any case, your turn Zax!