Game: ThunderCat Trivia

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by CodeofThundera, May 8, 2011.

1. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Yes, the pyramid image is what gave it away for me (no pyramid in Dream Master).

Ok, here's mine (no caption): in how many episodes (arc episodes count as one) did one or more TCs suffer a physical transformation? Name the episodes and the characters that suffered the transformatin.

2. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

What's an arc episode?

3. Tygra_Rules

Those 5-part episodes.

4. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

I've thought of ten so far.

• Exodus: Lion-O (ages), Jaga (kicks the bucket)
    • Trouble With Time: Tygra (ages, then grows younger)
    • The Wolfrat: Everyone (shrinks, or grows in Snarf's case)
    • The Shifter: Panthro, Snarf, WilyKat, and Lion-O (switch bodies)
    • Mask of Gorgon: Lion-O, Panthro (turn to stone)
    • Time Switch: Lion-O (grows younger, then re-ages)
    • Hair of the Dog: Snarf (becomes Snarf-Ra)
    • ThunderCubs, Part 2, Part 4, then 5: Lion-O, Panthro, Cheetara, Tygra, Snarf, Snarfer (frozen by vary-canon, except the snarfs; grow younger, then age, except Lion-O)
    • Return of the ThunderCubs: Panthro, Cheetara, Tygra (grow younger, then age)
    • Touch of Amortus: Lynxo, Panthro, Cheetara, Lion-O (turn to stone)

What am I missing?

5. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

What about Return to Thundera? Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara, and Snarf all turned into stone and back and when Lion-O returned, he was gigantic and ghostly looking before he shrunk down to size and fully materialized.

6. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

Actually, that's two more! Your'e right about the Warbot turning them to stone in "Return to Thundera", but it's in "The Astral Prison" that Lion-O returns in a gigantic, ghostly form.

So now we're at twelve.

7. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

I'd like to add "Ghost Warrior" since Jaga becomes a giant ghost to fight Grune. Also this might be the only time the other Thundercats see him in this form.

8. Tygra_Rules

Wow! You all are right, but still missing two.

9. BoloWhip

BoloWhip Vortex Explorer

Bit of a stab in the dark but Lion-o was affected by warp gas in the episode with the brutemen, not sure its a "transformation" tho.

10. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Jade Dragon: Lion-O and Cheetara are shrunk when the dragon swallows them.

The Last Day: All of the ThunderCats on Third Earth, except Lion-O, are put into the Sword of Omens by Jaga. If I remember that correctly.

11. Tygra_Rules

Still missing two... migbht eb one. Not sure about this one, so I'll say it:

The Secret of the Ice King: Lion-O Panthro and Tygra are turned into ice.

Ok, still missing one y'all.

Hint: might be the creepest physical transformation in the whole series.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  12. optimusprime

optimusprime Moderator

the final one should be return to thundera

13. Tygra_Rules

Nope.

C'mon people! Can't believe no one remembers this one! :cool:

14. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Good Hint!!! Zaxx Factor - Snarf gets a 2nd set of arms!

15. Tygra_Rules

Nope.

If no one gets it by tomorrow (Thursday) morning, I'll give it away and post another trivia then. Ok with you guys?

OK guys, time up! LOl

The missing episode was *roll drums*... "Crystal Canyon"!

Tygra suffered one of the creepest physical transformation there, getting too thin (his body almost seemed consumed) and with black shadows under his eyes.

Next one: episodes in which at least one TC, either because of being tricked by someone or because of falling under some kind of spell, curse, or something like that, attacked or fought other TCs. Name the episodes and the TCs involved (the atoinment trials don't count ;))

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  16. optimusprime

optimusprime Moderator

all that glitters
    mummra berbil
    catfight
    mad bubbler
    locket of lies

17. Tygra_Rules

OK, you got the eps (although you got one whong, I think you're confussing two eps), now name the characters involved in the "fights".

18. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

I always thought that wasn't a transformation, it was just a lack of eating and sleeping. But he did change in 1 episode.

The Garden of Delights - Tygra steals the Sword of Omens and betrays the other ThunderCats.
    Ghost Warrior - Jaga fights the former ThunderCat, Grune.
    All that Glitters - Tygra and Lion-O tricked into fighting mystery attacker in the dark, really fighting each other.
    CatFight - Mumm-Ra tricks New and Old ThunderCats into a ThunderTank vs ThunderStrike fight.
    Mad Bubbler - Cheetara, Tygra, and Panthro in a 3-way brawl after meeting the Bubbler
    Chain of Loyalty - ThunderCats start fighting each other when it is broken by Mumm-Ra.

19. Tygra_Rules

Right. You missed Mumm-Ra Berbil, but Optimus already mentioned it. And it was "Chain of Loyalty" (not "Locket of Lies").

I'm not counting "Dream Master" because it was the TCs sleeping selves the ones attacking the other TC's sleepeing selves (not counting "Dimension Doom" either because there the TCs didn't fight against each other).

About Tygra's transformation in "Crystal Canyon", his body changed, so it is a physical transformation ;)

Your turn Mcss (or Optimus, you decide guys, as it's a shared triumph lol).

20. optimusprime

optimusprime Moderator

ill let mcs since ive not come up w a question :p