Game: Thundercats Quintet Game

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by Wilycub, Apr 7, 2013.

1. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

In other words, we are only discussing episodes following "Vultureman's Return". I would have said post-season two episodes, but not everyone agrees on the season numbers.

Tygra_Rules likes this.
  2. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

I'm wondering if he means "Mumm-Rana's Belt".

topic: Episodes post "Vulterman's Revenge" where Pummyra actually has at least one line. Five-part episodes count only once.
    1. Return of the Thundercubs - Pummyra points out they do not have a ship to rescue the others who crashed the Feliner on New Thundera.
    2. The Formula
    3. Catfight
    4. Return To Thundera

3. ButterflyBoy

Hmmm...either way, both are still before "Vultureman's Revenge", so I gotta fix the list here...

4. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

Topic: Episodes post "Vulterman's Revenge" where Pumyra actually has at least one line. Five-part episodes count only once.

1. Return of the Thundercubs
    2. The Formula
    3. Return To Thundera! (Part IV)
    4. Cracker's Revenge

5. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Thanks. But isn't "Vultureman's Revenge" a season 4 (or New Thudnera plot) episode? I think Pumyra has not many appearences, least of all dialogues, after that episode.

6. ButterflyBoy

I think you are mistaking "The Zaxx Factor" for "Vultureman's Revenge".

Tygra_Rules likes this.
  7. Tygra_Rules

You might be right. Sorry.

8. Tygra_Rules

I can't think of the 5th one :(

9. ButterflyBoy

Topic: Episodes post "Vulterman's Revenge" where Pumyra actually has at least one line. Five-part episodes count only once.

1. Return of the Thundercubs
    2. The Formula
    3. Return To Thundera! (Part IV)
    4. Cracker's Revenge
    5. Thundercubs

And I think that is actually the entire list of times in the final 40 episodes of the series where Pummyra gets to talk. And in a couple of those mentioned episodes, its only a single line or two. So sad. If this next topic has been done, someone I'm sure will let me know.

New Topic: Episodes that ended with the belief that Mumm-Ra was destroyed/killed/banished or otherwise "finished" for good.
    1. The Zaxx Factor

Wilycub likes this.
  10. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Very sad indeed. Why introduce a new character and then barely use her? :(

New Topic: Episodes that ended with the belief that Mumm-Ra was destroyed/killed/banished or otherwise "finished" for good.
    1. The Zaxx Factor
    2. ThunderCats Ho! - Part V

11. ButterflyBoy

I did happen to just recall one more episode where Pummyra got a line or two; "The Last Day". Overall though, the point stands and is hardly news to anyone - they did not know what to do with Pummyra. Anyone who knows me knows that Thundercats is my favorite, but I think the writers had a weakness when it comes to developing characters, especially those that were sorta "forced" upon them by LJN. I remember reading an interview long ago, with I believe Peter Lawrence, wherein he basically stated that Pummyra came to them from the toy side of things. Which tells me that Bengali and Lynx-O probably did, too. They made good use of Lynx-O as the older, wise dude which led to Jaga sorta taking a backseat the rest of the show. But Pummyra...it feels like the writers already had a strong, popular female warrior on the show and didn't know how to give another one a separate identity. I want to give Thundercats props for having Cheetara as such a strong, independent female character, but giving voice to more than one seemed to create a problem for them, which is more than a little sad. Oh well. Rant over, hope I don't derail the thread.

12. LiamABC

Yeah, Jaga's appearances in seasons 3-4 were mostly just telling Lion-O to use the catchphrase. Rather like Tygra being upstaged by Bengali.

1. The Zaxx Factor
    3. The Evil Harp Of Charr-Nin

13. Tygra_Rules

1. The Zaxx Factor
    4. Annointment Trials 5: The Trial of Evil

14. ButterflyBoy

I can't imagine that we're having a really hard time with the last answer here. Are people just not sure of what the new topic should be?

Tygra_Rules likes this.
  15. LiamABC

Got it!

Topic: Episodes that ended with the belief that Mumm-Ra was destroyed/killed/banished or otherwise "finished" for good.
    1. The Zaxx Factor
    4. Annointment Trials 5: The Trial of Evil
    5. The Last Day

Tygra_Rules, Wilycub and ButterflyBoy like this.
  16. LiamABC

Oh right, yes, forgot, my turn for a new topic.

TOPIC: Episodes that show Lion-O driving the Thundertank
    1. Trouble With Time

17. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

1. Trouble With Time
    2. Spitting Image

18. ButterflyBoy

1. Trouble With Time
    2. Spitting Image