Ghostbustrs 2016 Trailer Reactions

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Mark M, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

What is everyone's opinion on the new Ghjostbusters trailer?

Wilycub and Daremonger like this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I want to say I will give it a chance and watch it...but judging by the trailer I am not overly impressed.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    mr freeze likes this.
  3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I like the trailer.

4. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

5. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

I'm gonna have to say I think it looks pretty good :) Visuals remind me of the IDW comics, which I love! I think it's gonna be a lot of fun and a nice addition to the franchise.

Daremonger and Mark M like this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Just out of curiosity what do you think of the IDW comics story wise. I haven't read any of their Ghostbusters comics but I really enjoyed their TMNT comics.

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree. I don't really find any of the trailer funny at all.

Also a mistake at the beginning of the trailer. It says ''4 scientist...'' which is technically wrong as Winston wasn't a scientist.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Reading the comments on the trailer are far more entertaining LOL. After a couple more watches and the international trailer I can't help but think this looks like a really bad parody movie.

Wilycub likes this.
  9. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i hoped for a whole lot more to be honest . i won't judge until ive watched it but from the trailer i won't hold my breath .

Mark M likes this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The trailer does look awful. Maybe we should hope Sony just did a bad job making the trailer....but usually it's the best bits they put in trailers.

mr freeze likes this.
  11. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

how i see it they have had a long time to get this film rite so if it is bad there is no excuse .

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Maybe they had other influences inspiring it. Like how The Force Awakens while being a sequel is just pretty much a remake of A New Hope.
    I wish they had just a made a movie based loosely on the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon.
    Hollywood should come up with new ideas instead of just remakes.

13. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i think they left it to long to do another to be honest .
    it all comes down to money at the end of the day .

Mark M likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree. It's like Star Wars. The perfect time would have been the late 80's and mid 90's for sequels.
    Same with all these action movies like Expendables with Stallone, Arnie and Willis etc. The perfect time for them would have been the early 90's before the big action movies they acted in lost popularity.
    At least there is the Ghostbusters video game...it was written by Ramis and Akroyd and starred all of the original cast reprising their roles.
    Something that annoyed me about the first two movies and by the looks of things this reboot is the type of story they are. Why did they never just make a movie about them doing some regular ghost busts in a haunted house etc. As much as I love the movies this is probably why I prefer the cartoons.

mr freeze likes this.
  15. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i really enjoyed the game on the ps3 a few years back

Mark M likes this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have the game but I haven't got around to completing it yet lol.

17. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

come on mark get it completed . believe it or not i bought a ps3 just to get the ghostbusters game . i completed it in one week then sold the ps3 . strange but true o_O

Mark M likes this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I seldom get time to sit and really get into playing a game anymore. If I am not working on my art I am out walking etc. I really must make time over the Easter break and get it done. I will probably have to start at the beginning again to get used to the controls.

After all the reactions to the movie I wonder how well Mattel think their movie figures will sell LOL.

mr freeze likes this.
  19. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i know what you mean about getting the time . i also do a lot of walking in myself i do around 25 mile a week. it will just be variant after variant same as the last lot of GB figures i won't be collecting them i know that much .

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I walk about 25 every week also. In Spring, Summer and the start of Autumn I usually try and do two walks every day.
    The new Diamond Select Ghostbusters figures look quite nice. As far as I know they are only making a set of 12x characters and some come with display bases that connect to create a large roof top diorama scene.