Ghostbustrs 2016 Trailer Reactions

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Mark M, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think it's just because they think it's funny that they have them hire Kevin because of his looks. Judging by the trailers there will be a lot of jokes they think will be funny that people haven't found amusing.

2. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

I don't think it's the main point of the film, but it's hopefully something that's going to linger in the back of people's minds.

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Regardless of all the publicity around this film, as much as I love the old films and cartoons, I would like it if this movie was actually good. I guess no one can say until we actually see it.
    Let's be honest, it can't be any worse than Fantastic Four 2015 and some of the live Action Transformers (Revenge of the Fallen especially!) movies.

LiamABC likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Liam would you be up for watching the 2016 Ghostbusters movie then watching Fantastic Four and Revenge of the Fallen to see which you think is the worst movie? LOL. :D

5. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I found "Revenge of the Fallen" to be almost Oscar-worthy when compared to the new "Fantastic Four"! :biggrin

I remember when I first saw ROTF my feelings were like this:

Megatron's dead! .... No wait, he's been brought to life??!?!?!
    Sam's dead! .... No wait, he's been brought to life??!?!?!
    Optimus' dead! .... No wait, he's been brought to life??!?!?!
    :00 :confused :cautious :eek :notworthy

Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Did you know they actually started filming Transformers before they even finished the script. True story.

They are more about the humans than the robots.
    The should have been called:
    Sam's First Car feat. The Transformers.
    Sam's College Adventure.
    Sam Gets A Job.

The fourth...I can't even recall the name of Mark Whalberg's character. That movie was awful.

Wilycub likes this.
  7. Wilycub

Did not know that. I guess that is evidence enough on how much effort was put in the story! LOL! I remember reading somewhere that the massive explosion near the end took 7 months to set up whereas the movie itself took around 5 months to shoot! :00 That'a Micheal Bay for you. Always putting more time and effort in the more "important" aspects of the film. ;)

Maybe the fourth should have been called:

Sam gets replaced by Mark Wahlberg :biggrin

I couldn't even finish the fourth one. I found it that bad. I also could not understand why critics praised the third movie, saying that it was much better than the second one. To me it seemed just like a rehash of the second one, with a few plot twists thrown in.

One mystery that I have never been able to solve is why does everybody in a Micheal Bay film look so "orange"??!?!?!?! :confused

Mark M likes this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

He should have more effort put into the script. As poor as April O'Neil The Movie was it was still a lot better than the Transformers movies.
    Bays TMNT though was no where near as good as the 1990 movie which a lot of tributes to the Mirage original TMNT comics.

How are you going to play a believable scientist in the movie Mar? I'm going to put on glasses to look smart. I don't even know what the story of the fourth was about. All I remember was Dinobots. And a robot that was Galvatron in name only. Galvatron was one of the most iconic and interesting characters in the Transformers cartoon and comics. The movie version was nothing like that.

Maybe they were secretly financed by Tango. ;)

Wilycub likes this.
  9. LiamABC

Check out this comedy routine on the subject from last year:

Daremonger likes this.
  10. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

That was epicly hilarious. It just gets me more pumped for the reboot movie, which comes out next month.

LiamABC likes this.
  11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I wonder what he would say after seeing the trailer.

Daremonger likes this.
  12. LiamABC

I could ask him on twitter.

Daremonger and Mark M like this.
  13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

You should. It would be interesting to here his take on it now.

Daremonger likes this.
  14. Wilycub

LEGO has released the "new" Ecto-1 and the four female stars of the new Ghostbusters movie.
    http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/07/lego-ghostbusters-ecto-1-ecto-2-set-available-now/

Isn't it a bit early? I mean aren't movie related LEGO sets (and most other movie merchandise) made available AFTER the movie has been released?

Also the article's heading seems incorrect. It say "Ecto-1" and Ecto-2" set available now, when in fact the article only shows one set.

shortfuse likes this.
  15. LiamABC

It's only a couple of weeks, and we all know the film is coming.

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

No, usually the Star Wars Lego sets for the new films are out 3-4 months before the movie is at the cinema.

17. Wilycub

Oh, I didn't know that. I thought that most toys and merchandise were released after their respective movies come out. I guess I'm still living in the 80s and 90s! LOL! :biggrin

Mark M likes this.
  18. LiamABC

Actually, while we're on the subject of Lego, anyone want to see the Lego models I made of the characters and vehicles from Visionaries? I made them back in 2002 and photographed them. I think Mark you've seen these before. The two larger vehicles are pretty spot on, the smaller vehicles are subject to certain physical limitations but not bad. The characters I got as close as I could with what I had.

Mark M likes this.
  19. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yeah you showed them to me. You should put them up for others to see, :D
    These last several years they want the merchandise on the shelves in time for when the movies come out. That way people buy them before they see the movie in excitement. Some companies had toys made they had to release after the movies came out, but the movies were very unsuccessful so the toys did not sell well at all. A somewhat recent example of this would be G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra. The toys came out a month or two before the movie. They didn't exactly sell great. Then after the movie...let's just say they were heavily discounted. I recall the Night Raven/Night Bird retailed for £40 then on sale it could be got for £8. It's a same as there was some good toys made for it.
    In fact, the toys sold so bad it pretty much killed G.I. Joe at retail in the UK. When G.I. Joe Retaliation was released Hasbro did not release any merchandise anywhere in the UK.

It will be pretty interesting to see how well these new Ghostbusters toys sell. I am going to be honest and say the toy Lego Ecto-1 from the new movie is better designed than the Lego Ecto-1 from the old movie. As from the picture it looks as if it can seat four characters properly.

Wilycub likes this.