Ghostbustrs 2016 Trailer Reactions

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Mark M, Mar 3, 2016.

1. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's hoping this works, I'm attempting to upload the images of the Lego models I made of the Visionaries stuff.

2. LiamABC

Ah. Nope, it didn't work. OK then, if the Defenders Of The Earth thread is still in the off-topic forum here, I think the pictures might be viewable there.

Mark M likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Wilycub likes this.
  4. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

"Total Film" magazine gets heavily criticized for putting Chris Hemsworth in the center of its "Ghostbusters" cast cover.
    https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/total-film-criticised-over-hemsworth-ghostbusters-102706364.html

While I agree that the four women should be the center focus and Chris should be in the background, I can guess as to why they put him in the center. I think it's mainly because he is the most popular member of the cast and in Hollywood there really is no shame in using the popularity of one of the cast member to help promote the film. Hey, anything that can get more people into the theaters! :)

A lot of the kids of today probably don't know who Melissa McCarthy or Kristen Wig are, but they all know "Thor", thanks to Marvel. If I recall correctly, back in the 80s the "Rolling Stone" magazine featured Sigourney Weaver in the center of its cover shot of the Ghostbusters 2 cast. She was a bigger star than all four of the guys after all. Same thing Disney did with its promotion of "Aladdin", giving the Genie more prominence in almost all of their print media and putting Robin Williams' name in big fonts everywhere. ;)

5. LiamABC

In a similar vein, I haven't seen a single version of The Three Musketeers that gives top billing to the actor playing D'Artagnan.

Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Reminds me of another film that was basically a remake and relied on the marketing of some cast members who were hardly in the movie. ;)

Wilycub likes this.
  7. Wilycub

I think I know which movie you are referring to! :)

Mark M likes this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I still haven't seen any merchandise for the new movie in stores here.

9. Wilycub

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

11. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i'am going to see ghostbusters this weekend as anybody seen it yet ? i'am not holding my breath for it being a blockbuster .

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I don't think I will see it until it is free on the internet.

13. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

so i went to see the new gb movie last night and in my view it was shockingly bad the story line was terrible the cast were terrible on the whole i wish i wouldn't of watched it . . any one else seen it yet ?

Mark M likes this.
  14. Wilycub

A female friend of mine went to the see Ghostbusters with her gfs. She had seen the original movies so she knew what the franchise is all about. When I asked her what she thought of it, she said: "The new movie is to Ghostbusters what "Johnny English" is to James Bond!" :biggrin Clearly she did not like it, dismissing it as a bad parody masquerading as a reboot, and no one can call her a misogynist or sexist. :)

I'm still waiting to catch it later. I'll try to watch it with an open-mind and no expectations. I did that with "Jurassic World" and quite enjoyed it. While I enjoyed the original two GB movies, I've never been a HUGE fan of them (I always liked the cartoons more). So I'm not worried about my "childhood being ruined". ;)

Mark M likes this.
  15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

100% agree. I preferred the cartoons more. But I do really like the movies.

16. LiamABC

I like Johnny English - you probably have to be British to properly appreciate it, I don't think Americans really "got it".
    I also enjoyed Jurassic World - you have to suspend your disbelief as you go in, but I figured as much in advance.
    I still haven't seen the new Ghostbusters film yet. Must do something about it.

Mark M likes this.
  17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Go see it then give us your opinion. :D

18. Wilycub

Just wanted to further elaborate on what my friend said. She doesn't hate "Johnny English", in fact she really likes both the movies (I still haven't seen the sequel). And when she went to see the movies, she knew exactly what to expect, a parody comedy. With "Ghostbusters" she felt cheated, as the movie, despite being official canon, felt like a parody to her.

mr freeze, Mark M and LiamABC like this.
  19. LiamABC

OK, I'm with you now.

Wilycub likes this.
  20. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

I'm still waiting to catch it later. I'll try to watch it with an open-mind and no expectations. I did that with "Jurassic World" and quite enjoyed it. While I enjoyed the original two GB movies, I've never been a HUGE fan of them (I always liked the cartoons more). So I'm not worried about my "childhood being ruined". ;)[/QUOTE]

i went to see jurassic world not expecting much and i really enjoyed it and thought it was in line with the previous movies . gb on the other hand shocked me how bad it was .

Wilycub likes this.