Happy 30th Anniversary, Silverhawks!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by BloodofKings, Sep 9, 2016.

1. SlaveofTheEverliving

SlaveofTheEverliving Junior Member

Silverhawks was every bit as good as Thundercats, and with its lack of often insane random smatterings of sword/sorcery cliche and mixed up animal monsters- in some ways it was was actually better.

Daremonger likes this.
  2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Here're the special and standard intros to SilverHawks, but with Steelheart and Steelwill being called "Ironheart" and "Ironwill" before their name changes:

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

While I do enjoy Silverhawks I have to disagree. IMO Thundercats was vastly superior and stands as one of the greatest cartoons of its time if not ever. I love the way it mixes sci-fi, fantasy, swordplay, cliches and outstandingly designed characters together.

Mark M, Wilycub and Daremonger like this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's your opinion but I would have to disagree. I didn't grow up watching Silverhawks and only seen it for the first time a couple years ago. Some characters were nicely designed but that's about the only nice thing I can say about Silverhawks. I found the writing terrible and the characters, the heroes especially, very bland and boring. My biggest problem with the show that it was such a forced bunch of concepts and ripped off ideas and failed to pull any of them off successfully.

Daremonger likes this.
  5. SlaveofTheEverliving

SlaveofTheEverliving Junior Member

That's your opinion- and I humbly disagree.

Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I love the Bravestarr cartoon and toys but I know a lot of people aren't big fans of it. :D

7. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

We can all agree in disagree, right? ;)

As I said before, I really enjoyed SH as a kid, specially the baddies and their vehicles. I also liked the heroes concept, it was new and "futuristic".

When I watched the show as a grown-up though, I found the stories less-than-original and the show's rythm a bit slow. I still liked the baddies, but teh heroes were too similar one to another, with no distinctive personalities (they were supposed to display different traits, but that wasn't well handled by the show IMO). I still enjoyed it a bit (maybe because of nostalgia?), but not as much as when I was a kid, and not as I enjoyed TCs.

adssse, Mark M and Wilycub like this.