Hard Hero Lion-O Statue numbers

Discussion in 'Modern Collectables' started by MannysCollectibles, Feb 13, 2010.

1. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Please post the number you received on your statues and specify whether it is AP signed or the regular statue.

I bought both versions and have only received the unsigned one but it has a number of 37/1000

So what is yours???

2. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

#

#351/1000, regular version. The store where I order it also has #295, #296,#352, #475, #476 all regular versions.

Justin

3. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Artist Proof numbers 41 & 42, Ho!

4. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I had AP#1 signed but I sent it back for a replacement :-/. I'll update my post once I receive the replacement

5. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

I just received my AP today...#15

6. mesepher

mesepher Moleman

AP number 9

7. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Just got my two AP signed by Paul Bennett Lion-o statues
    Numbers 93 and 99.
    I bought two for collectivity reasons and certainly i won't do that for the whole line,but Lion-o has always been a special character for me ever since i have been 6 years old.
    Here is a picture of both of them standing side by side,just opened them out of the box...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  8. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Why did you want a replacement Lord Lion-O?

9. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

I am guessing it has to do with the chin, either because it was lopsided, or because he filed it down and repainted it...

10. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Yeah, the chin was lopsided but that I fixed. The factory paint around his mouth had cracks in it and there was also a bit of a small crater above his chin. It just had a few too many imperfections around the mouth area that bothered me. I looked at two regular statues, neither of which had those problems so I decided to try for a replacement. Looks like the replacement will be AP 46 :)

11. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

I'd have been hard pressed to replace #1 of 1000 bro. There's a man who likes his statues to be just right.

12. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

lol! Yeah, but its still just a number, anyone can wrote a 0 / 00 next to it and it would be #10 or 100.

13. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I am scrutinizing my statues and if it makes any point,i see that the #99 doesn't have so many and so vividly the small shades of black on the orange hair,it is much more covered with plain orange, i prefer it that way. Also, as you mentioned Lord Lion-o most likely the #99 seems to have a very even, much better chin shape than the #93 and its head looks slightly bend forward framing his eyes perfectly with the sword of omens,it is nicer like that but there again its too trivial these minor!,and if they exist at all, details!! Generally the statues quality is almost flawless as compared to the figures, i am surprised with your case and the #1 Lion-o you mentioned!

14. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Hey Lordore, if its not too much to ask. Would you be able to post a comparison pic of the two Lion-O chins. I know I'm a bit obsessed but is seems like 50/50 with the chin issue. Appreciate it!

15. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

No problem Lord Liono! i am a perfectionist too and i understand what you are saying. Please give me some time becauz i wouldn't be home until Monday or Tuesday,as soon as i get home i will post them right away and tell me then what you think. Do you want only the chin pics or more of the whole statues?
    Merged Post:
    Lord Liono here are 7 pics of my Lion-o #99 and 4 pictures of my #93 to help you accurately judge by yourself. I took the pictures in HD with the flash light on, zooming in as close as possible to Lion-o's face. I hope these close-up shots are ok for you. As you will see #99 seems to have a very smooth and even chin shape much similar to your repainted #1 statue as opposed to Lion-o #93 whose chin dimple is more obvious.
    However!, just to remind you that on the cartoon Lion-o's face anatomy had a small chin dent, so i guess it is natural to appear on the statues as well.

First, i have listed the #99 Lion-o who has a very lean chin shape and in my perception a very careful,perfect paint job on face and hair:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is my #93 Lion-o who has a chin shape, more like how you described it,but honestly i don't believe there is any fault with this "version",actually this one might be more Lion-o cartoon realistic! and i can't seperate it as an inferior or blemished Lion-o sculpt,to me they are both the same.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know what do you think! i hope i helped with your issue,if you would like more photos i would be glad to provide.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  16. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Thanks Lordore, you are the MAN! I'm still waiting for my replacement. UPS "missed" me on Wednesday and then a snow storm hit so hopefully I will get it tomorrow. Great pics! The chin looks great either way. They both look different but neither looks as lopsided as the one I sent back. Appreciate the pics and thanks again!

17. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

No problem my friend,happy to cover your question and i hope the replacement Lion-o matches your exact standards:liono.

18. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Hey Lordore! Thanks but I finally received my AP#46 and all I can say is Quality Control!? Sadly this series is turning out to be such a disappointingly frustrating experience. The Thundercats symbol is barely even on the swords red jewel. I'm SO bummed about this :-(

Bigger Pic

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?p=3200424#post3200424

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  19. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Oh man! that's a real bummer! what are the chances of happening twice to someone! I mean i've seen some other AP or regular and they seem just fine, but this one with the misplaced symbol goes way off and it is very weird!! Above all, they are supposed to be 100 AP and ought to have a special treatment. REALLY bad luck! Call them again:lionomad:

20. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Yeah, I've been having a lot of bad luck with this line so far. If they have anymore AP's left and aren't sick of me, I'll try one last time. Thirds the charm right lol! If not, I'll either give up and admire the board pics or pick up the regular non-signed pieces from comic stores. I just have to convince myself that AP's aren't anymore special. I feel very discouraged and unlucky thus far. Anyway, thanks for the support and understanding Lordore.