Hard Hero statues - Massive update made!

Discussion in 'Statues & Modern Collectables' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Hey gang,

I've completed compiling updated pages for the Hard Hero statue line.

Paul Bennett, the sculptor for the line was kind enough to share a number of pictures and turnaround videos that he took of the in-progress sculpts and so you'll get to see a number of exciting details that have never been shared with the fandom before.

Enjoy a rough look at what the next two characters in line would have been like...

Enjoy: http://www.thundercatslair.org/collectibles/hard-heroes-statues/

Note that I've asked Paul to provide his recollections or thoughts about each statue, this will likely come in slowly over time so I'll update this thread when the pages get some more love and attention.

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Two unfinished "ThunderCats" statues? Those are pretty interesting tidbits.

3. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Thanks for all of this great info on the line. Shame that like a lot of Thundercats stuff, it just fizzled out. I would have loved to get the cancelled Mumm-Ra, if the proto was destroyed it's a real shame.

4. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Thanks for those updates. Very cool to see those prototypes. Hard Hero was the first of many who revived the ThunderCats merchandise market. It's unfortunate that the company closed down along with the end of the TCats line.

5. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Very nice!!
    Merged Post:
    I own all the HH Thundercats, I've got the AP for my 2 lioN-Os, Cheetara, Tygra and Bengali as well. I am fond of this line.

Paul Bennet did an amazing job with the Thundercats licence, capturing both the cartoon feeling and a modern age artistic aspect. I am very sorry it got canned. Mamm-ra was displayed at the SDCC a few years ago but unfortunatelly never made it to production and i remember the mummified version looked sick

[​IMG]

This is how i decided to display my two Lion-Os, :liono:thumbsup::liono at present, its the first high-end statues i ever purchased and they have a special place in my heart:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    Daremonger likes this.
  6. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

You really know your stuff!

7. Sir Greek

Sir Greek Junior Member

I wish that someone would continue this line. The price point was so great for the product. I love these and would love to get my hands on a mummra!!!