Hard Hero working on Cheetara next

Discussion in 'Modern Collectables' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

We've caught wind of a post that Paul Bennett, the sculptor of the Lion-O statue made on a statue forum indicating that he's working on Cheetara next. It seems that Rob Potts the producer over at Hard Hero made a similar indication so we're treating this as news rather than rumour.

What do you think of Cheetara as the next choice? Does this indicate that the main good characters will be done first before moving on to the 'bad' characters?

What pose do you think they'll go with?

2. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

It's got to be this pose. :cool:

[​IMG]

3. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

I also like these two, my preference would be that it come from the intro, same as the Lion-O statue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

YAY Cheetara!!! She was my first crush as a kid so she has to be perfect! Either the first or third shot from above. The third shot is more action oriented like Lion-O's pose but the first is an ideal shot so either one of the two would work for me. I just REALLY hope the statue captures her true likeness/character and doesn't just look like a generalized typical blonde like the poor attempts made in the comics/DVD cover etc.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  5. AlexofThundera

I would like to see them put an extra emphasis on her face. She needs to come across as beautiful yet bold.

6. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

The first and third shot.. either of those would be good. I am hoping it would be the first one.

The first shot seem to have her with a serious expression and since it is at a distance we can't really make out.

Indeed. And though they are supposed to be in fighting mode, I wonder if she having a little smile would be okay.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  7. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

Sure she should/could smile a bit. She knows the good guys always win!

8. ThunderCat78

ThunderCat78 Junior Member

Cheetara Statue

I'd love to see a running pose with her balanced on one foot and bursting toward the viewer. That said, the pose with her spinning her staff over her head is also really neat. I wonder what Hard Hero has sketched up? Hopefully the sculptor can give us some in-progress teaser images to drool over.:thumbsup:

9. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=93226
    Cheetara Concept approved!
    I am looking forward to the confirmation from Rob about the exact pose they are going with.

10. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I'm not a member, what's the attachment link of? The suspense!!!

11. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Just a raunchy fan made pic of Cheetara

One of members (MrYac) posted that first pic of Cheetara. Rob quoted that photo and mentioned the following :).

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=93226&page=2
    [​IMG]

:thumbsup:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  12. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Thanks for the heads up Spideristic!

Awesome pose!!! Really can't wait to get my hands on her....um the statue I mean, to display, and look at... from a distance :)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  13. AlexofThundera

Well I am glad they went with that one. It is after all the "epic" Cheetara pose.

14. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Anyone have an idea when we will get a sneak peak at the actual Cheetara statue? And like Lion-O, what parts of her will have hair?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  15. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Since Paul recently started on the Cheetara sculpt I don't think we will see any finished painted photos of here for another couple of months.

16. MummRa!

MummRa! New Member

I'm really looking forward to these statues. Lion-O looks amazing, and I'm sure they will just get better with time. Finally some quality Thundercats merch for the fans. Masters, Transformers, ect. always seem to have a ton.

17. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=93226&page=5
    http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=93226&page=6
    That last post from Rob resulted in more suggestions for secondary characters and this dedicated thread has been created for that.

After Thundercats and the main villians.. there are many secondary characters they can go with.. Mandora is definitely my first choice.

18. The Villain

The Villain Junior Member

Mandora is a great choice and two of my fav characters include Plutar & Quickpick

my top 5 list

1 Slithe
    2 Plutar
    3 Quickpick
    4 Inflamor
    5 Mad Bubbler

:slythe: is :cool:

19. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I'd rather we get the main cast before going into secondary characters.

Lion-O
    Cheetara
    Tygra
    Panthro
    Kit/Kat/Snarf
    Mummra

After that I don't care who's next

20. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

i want the main characters first, then i would want to see Grune and maybe grune vs jaga.