Has Bandai discontinued Thundercats Toys?

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Romanticide, May 26, 2012.

1. Romanticide

Romanticide Laser Beast

Found on amazon and on thundercats.ws via Mongor. :(

2. whiskers D:<

whiskers D:< Barbarian

Oh great, I bet the "The vile one" is going to rant on this thread.:rolleyes:

3. Solace316

Solace316 Crabman

I hate to be pessimistic...but looks like the show may not get a second season if the toyline has dwindled.....

4. whiskers D:<

Lets cross are fingers and give are support to the show. And hope for a next season.

5. monothingie

monothingie Crabman

The fact they blew through the last 13 episodes w/o breaks would seem to indicate the pump and dump of what was already in the can. But who knows, Clone Wars and Avatar survived w/o a successful toy line. But I have a feeling there will be no definite word about the NS future, it will just fade away. (Unless some of the talent or crew say anything via social media)

6. whiskers D:<

Clone wars got cancelled once, but then made a come back. So maybe Thundercats really does have a chance.

7. monothingie

monothingie Crabman

CW was never cancelled. In it's first season it was run on CN and TNT. Due to low ratings on TNT it was relegated to CN alone for season 2 on.

8. Solace316

Solace316 Crabman

I just have a bad feeling it's gonna turn out like what happened to "Pirates of Dark Water" back in the 1990's. That show ended with Ren only finding 8 of the 13 treasures of rule and the show was cancelled.......
    Seeing how there's little to no advertisements for Thundercats, and now the recent news of the discontinued toyline.......yea. Very upsetting too as I was hoping for a Pumyra figure.....Anyway, The show looks pretty screwed. It could explain as to why the episodes currently have that "rushed" vibe.

9. whiskers D:<

I am not sure, but didn't all the thundercats toys come out in 2011. So couldn't that mean the reason why they discontinued was because they are getting ready for new models. I hear that is one of the reasons why manufactures discounted items. I am not really a toy expert, so if anyone else has opinions feel free to reply or correct me.

10. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

Moved to the Toy section as that is what it pertains to.

As for it being so they can put out new models, Amazon lists Claudus as discontinued as well. If the line is dead, I blame Bandai. The products have never been in good supply other than Lion-O, Tygra, and Mumm-Ra. Overkill on those 3, major underkill on everything else.

11. cloudraker19

cloudraker19 Crabman

I don't mean to be another nagging crazy fan, but there is a huge difference between the term "discontinued" and "cancelled". Amazon lists products exactly how they consider their availability to be. There are many lines that have "discontinued" items. Schleich is a major one as an example, playmobil being another. I would not consider amazon listing an item as "discontinued" to be proof that a toy line is dead.

For what seems to be the hundredth time, just wait untill Bandai officially says: "Thundercats is no longer being produced as a toyline".

Yes, they do actually tell us. We need to just sit back and relax. I get that people like to say "I knew it first" but relax. I don't care WHO says they knew it, can we all just take a breath and wait for the official word?

12. Romanticide

Romanticide Laser Beast

Amazon lists it as discontinued by Bandai. They wouldn't list it otherwise. And Bandai hasn't said a word publicly about the toys in a very long time.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  13. whiskers D:<

You make a good point there. We will just have to see what happens.

14. Romanticide

Romanticide Laser Beast

It isn't just one item though, it's all of them. And when asked about it through e-mail Bandai has been vague, or telling us they want our help getting them into stores. Which sounded bad to begin with.

15. whiskers D:<

It's most of the Thundercats toys. Just look on Amazon's site

16. Urazz

Urazz Laser Beast

I doubt they'll cancel the show based only on toy sales alone. Television channels also get money from commercials as well so a show that gets good ratings is worth keeping due to the fact that more people will see the commercials.

If anything, I'd blame the lack of advertisment for the show if the show gets cancelled and for why the toy line failed.

17. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

Uh-oh. Just, oh no.

18. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Since Toys and Cartoons go hand in hand, i find it very difficult for the show to continue in Season 2. HOWEVER, there is one possibility for another toy company to acquire or already have acquired the license based on the NS.

Let's wait and see. Very bad news indeed. Bandai is to be blamed for the show's future.

19. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Thats a bit harsh.. I live in Holland and I want to support ThunderCats, but I can't see the show on TV or buy the toys OR the 1st DVD in any store... Thats poor marketing of the entire property, if you ask me. How a toy company is responcible for an animated show is beyond me.

Pour marketing is killing the ThunderCats.

20. thundercats

thundercats Junior Member

in holland and belgium it's shown on cartoon network, every weekday at 17.15 and in the weekends they show the epsiodes again, it the second week now yesterday was berbils episode

KTF

Nick