Has Bandai discontinued Thundercats Toys?

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Romanticide, May 26, 2012.

1. WilyKatfan

WilyKatfan Thunderian Legend

I hope the give us the thunderKitten and snarf. Plus all the mutants and more. Please bandi please.

Stupid me I forgot Pumyra.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  2. hammy0924

hammy0924 Ultimate No-Life

And has to clean up afterwards!

3. whiskers D:<

whiskers D:< Barbarian

Apparently, this gloomy thread has turn into a party. I am down!
    [​IMG]

4. hammy0924

Can I be Kaynar? I'm not nearly skinny enough (I'm not fat, just not exactly as thin as him), but he's one of my favorite villains!

5. WilyKatfan

Deadpool and a pony nice.

6. hammy0924

It's not a party without Pinky Pie!

7. WilyKatfan

You watch my little pony on the hub.

8. hammy0924

I don't get the hub :(. I do watch it on Netflix and with friends at their house.

9. WilyKatfan

That is cool.

10. hammy0924

I want to kill my cable company for not having the hub.

Who's in charge of food for the party? I'm a pretty good cook, if I do say so myself...

11. WilyKatfan

Yeah the hub is a sweet channel.

12. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

The deployment thus far sounds rather... dumb. Either that, or I missed something.

Wal-Marts range from nothing to everything except deluxe figures for both waves.
    K-Marts range from nothing to all of Wave 1 and Armor of Omens from Wave 2.
    Targets seem to consistently have had all of Wave 1 deluxe, Tank, 4 pack exclusive, Lion-O, Tygra, and Mumm-Ra from Wave 1, and Lion-O and Mumm-Ra classics.
    Toys R Us consistently have all of Wave 1, plus Armor of Omens and Super Deformed from Wave 2.

So if looking for Wave 1 stuff, Toys R Us is the best bet. But Wal-Mart is the best bet for Wave 2?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed this does not turn into an epic fail, but I'm keeping my bottle of Tylenol handy... Just in case.

13. whiskers D:<

I am not sure if this is true, but on deviant his guy said the show is canceled. Apparently, this guy has inside souces from WB saying the show is canceled. I don't truly believe this guy, but at the same time he sounds serious. He even posted on Dan norton's deviant saying this,"Dan I'm sorry to hear they axed Thundercats. You did an outstanding job as art director. I wish you nothing but success in your future. Your are a true professional and a wonderful artist. I enjoy myself on this site but now it's time to say good-bye. I need to move on as well and close this chapter. I'll always have fond memories of the Thundercats. It was fun. Thanks and good luck. TZ" After hearing this, I still have faith the show will go on.Besides, we herd Dan saying the show will be on hiatus like 10 days ago. The reason why I didn't make this into a thread is because I don't if this guy is legit of saying he knows people in WB. Also, the reason why I posted this info is to get some opions.

http://Thundercat48.deviantart.com/journal/Good-Bye-Thundercats-307683274

14. Michael

Michael Mutant

Whiskers, I saw that post. It was one of quite a few saying 'oh no it's cancelled'. Then there was ANOTHER one reminding them all that it is NOT cancelled, it is ON HIATUS. That post is no more official than any of the ones on here stating that the line is dead when it isn't.

This whole argument is getting tiresome. There are so many people 'claiming' to know someone in CN or WB or whatever and saying this and that, there are also so many people who have absolutely no beter idea of what is happening than the rest of us but are wholly on the pessemistic side and are ready to drive the final nails into TCs coffin when it hasn't even been declared dead yet!

At the end of the day, the closest thing we have to an official statement is this. Thundercats is NOT cancelled, we are on hiatus.

Reading between the lines, things are still wholly undecided either way, but there are many people fighting for the show behind the scenes, the fan support is there, and the ratings are more than strong enough to justify a second season, so I think things are looking pretty positive.

15. whiskers D:<

I just checked the TV schedule on my cable. It seems after episode 26 airs next saturday morning they are doing re- runs, so thats a good sign.

16. hammy0924

I'm not sure how believable the post actually is. I mean, he does have good points, but I don't think WB would compare it to the OS and just say "oh, it doesn't have as many views as this, so we're not going to let it continue." I'm sorry for being skeptical but any sort of proof either way is still completely missing. We've had multiple "inside source" claims on here and not any of them turned out to be true as far as we know.

As for it truly being cancelled, maybe it's just going to be kinda shelved for a few months to test how things go after the finale. Considering they're having reruns, releasing the video game, getting wave 2 shipped internationally, and releasing a DVD in October, I think they may judge what happens from those.

My final thoughts are that with so many people fighting for this show, it's obvious that the dedicated fan base is there, and much more present than with other shows. I say even if it does get cancelled we still continue our support towards getting that second season we got robbed of.

17. whiskers D:<

I posted this because I thought it was interesting. But liked I have said before they are doing re-runs so thats a good sign. As for the guy saying thundercats is cancelled, he could be overreacting from what he herd. My question about this guy is what type of sources. For example,was it from an intern,a friend of one of the staff,etc. Everyone working at WB can't all know what is happening with shows all the time. This could also maybe be a rumor spreading around WB. I won't fully believe until I see it on Thundercats lair updates, Dan Norton's deviant, and a lot other sites.

18. hammy0924

Not to mention this but it seems like it would reach employees working on the show before interns at WB. So we would probably know because Dan Norton is pretty honest with the show's current condition publicly. It just doesn't seem like they would just let some guy working there know before the directors, actors, etc.

19. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

''I hope Warner Brothers releases a boxed DVD set with all 52 Episodes so we can see how this story ends. It's like reading a book half way and not finishing it.''

If the Thundercats are finally canceled, i hope they give us the 52 eps in a dvd set, that would rocket the sales for sure. HOWEVER, the guy forgets one major thing, Season 2 isn't in progress.

Having said the above, one thing that makes me question the authenticity of this post is the fact that if he is as close tO WB sources as he claims to be, then he would know that the production for Season 2 hasn't yet started, concurrently WB couldn't release them in a dvd set.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  20. hammy0924

Wow, I completely missed that. Good point! That throws a good amount of the credibility out the window.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012