Has Bandai discontinued Thundercats Toys?

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Romanticide, May 26, 2012.

1. hammy0924

hammy0924 Ultimate No-Life

It's good to see something recent acknowledging the new toys.

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Bandai still holds on to the license, yet has not come out with any new toys.

3. Michael

Michael Mutant

Give them time. Wave 2 was announced too early and they suffered for that. Wave 2 figures are still waiting to be released in many places other than N.America (which contrary to what many American companies think is not the only place in existence), I can imagine they won't release info on a wave 3 until they have rolled that out. Plus, a new mould for new figures can take up to a year to produce and make, so just give them time.

With so many options to choose from, I'm hoping wave 3 will be epic!
    Merged Post:

That's great, thanks for the heads up.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  4. Rizefall

Rizefall Swedish Meatball

As i said in the other thread that Micheal started i think we should keep all discussion about this one THIS ONE THREAD instead of having one "good news" thread and a "bad news" one. Keep it clean and simple by having everything in the same area and so discussion makes more sense so you dont have to jump around two threads to discuss "the same thing".

Also i hope this is good news, it still kinda is not. For all we know they just mean Bandai will support Thundercats until it gets canned.

5. johndercat

johndercat New Member

I really hope that the show and toys will go on...... I was not expecting this to happen!!!

6. hammy0924

They have not been cancelled, but at a certain point a few weeks ago it seemed as if they were.

7. Rizefall

It can still get canceled, but so far so good :D

8. hammy0924

Anything can get cancelled. (Let's just hope Green Lantern Animated Series and Level Up do!)

9. hammy0924

This was already in another thread, but it's still relevant. It shows that we really don't know yet. I still stand on the fact that they're seeing how well the toys do internationally as well as the show and how well the reruns show in the US before they make the decision.

10. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I'm more than confident that Thundercats will be back...maybe a different approach is needed! Did anyone notice how CN promotes silly looking shows like Johnny Test, Adventure Time and even a new anime-style baby looking Teen Titans more than serious shows like Young Justice and our beloved ThunderCats?

Maybe that silly rock-band Thundercats idea would have been right up CN's alley lol

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  11. hammy0924

Yes I noticed. Teen Titans is my all-time favorite show and I will watch it forever. It's getting a new season next year after a SEVEN YEAR HIATUS after a cliffhanger. They poorly advertised the 5th season of that show and the 6th got scrapped before they even got to release an episode. Young Justice has been screwed over as many times as ThunderCats. And honestly, the only reason it's still on is because it's on DC Nation. It's a quality show, however, unlike Green Lantern.

The Teen Titans thing is just another example of CN's poor advertising of decent shows.

As for a "different approach", maybe an actual comic book with a storyline that comes directly after the first season? It's worked well with The Promise, which is directly after Avatar: The Last Airbender. Dan Norton could write it, seeing how much he wants the new series to continue.

12. hammy0924

Support! HO!!!!

13. hammy0924

Well, I guess something happened to make them put that up recently.

14. Michael

Michael Mutant

See, that sounds really positive to me! Of course he hasn't heard yet, noone has, but the signs are good, and there are people fighting for it!
    Merged Post:

But no news ISN'T bad news. As I said in another post, they just take their own sweet time according to their own timetable, but it doesn't mean news won't be forthcoming. Look at the recent wave 2 in Europe announcement, we've been waiting for that for AGES!!!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  15. Rizefall

If he was posetive he would be all like "NO THE SHOW IS GONNA MAKE IT" he is just telling us the truth, that he likes Thundercats and will fight for it and that's good, but it also shows there is a lot of doubt.

Also, it's better we get late news then any news at all right? :p

16. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

From his FB post it would appear none of the guys involved with Thundercats know the fate of the show either, which is a good thing. This could possibly mean WB hasn't made a decision yet.

17. hammy0924

It could mean either. However, in the case of Symbiotic Titan, (from what I've read, I never watched it) they knew it was cancelled but never said it. So we can still have hope.

Wow, hope in uncertainty. Never thought I'd say that. :p

18. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

If Dan wasn't allowed to say he would just say he's not allowed to say instead of saying that he didn't know. That's what he's done in the past.

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

None in new Argos catalogue

Well the new Argos catalogue is out and they have no Thundercats toys in it. When Argos aren't selling them along with all the other toys I think thats a bad indication as to how popular the line is doing in the UK, or possibly Bandai have told them the line is finished hence no listing in the catalogue.
    On a postive note I got 6" Tygra and Cheetara on ebay. :D

20. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Bad sign indeed.

Personally i've been very tired and on the ragged edge with the Cancellation hype of both the TOyline and the show.This is why i've opted out of the pertaining discussions going on incessantly over the last months We have done everything possible to show WB, CN and Bandai our love and fervent desire to keep the franchise alive but they've decided to be as silent as the grave....the last chance is Thundercon of hearing something substantial.