He-Man/Thundercats crossover comic announced.

Discussion in 'Modern Collectables' started by balgus82, Jul 8, 2016.

1. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I just came here to share this myself. I am so excited for this. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Fandabidozi and Daremonger like this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Iit's about time. :D

Fandabidozi and Daremonger like this.
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'm very excited that there's an official Masters of the Universe/ThunderCats crossover comic happening. ^_^

Fandabidozi likes this.
  5. Daremonger

Fandabidozi likes this.
  6. Fandabidozi

Fandabidozi Junior Member

This'll be the first comic I've bought in years. Loving the art for the cover!

Daremonger likes this.
  7. Daremonger

So am I. :snarf

8. Thundergod

Thundergod Berbill

Can't wait. Been waiting for new TC material.

Sebastiaan and Daremonger like this.
  9. Daremonger

So have I.

10. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Mutant

Its a great thing to finally have this crossover. Hopefully it might mean that Mattel will see that they can release club exclusive combos of MOTUC and TC and that way get the rest of the line out faster - I won't mind having a Teela / Cheetara 2pack and a Jaga / Sorceress 2pack in my mailbox. It could be an easy way for them to sell both lines and fix mistakes on any MOTUC figures which fans have been unhappy with in the past.
    Back to the comic though - the artwork isn't really impressive. I understand the concept, but something looks off. Slithe is cool though! :slithe

Mark M and Wilycub like this.
  11. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I concur. I didn't really like the artwork. Just seems too "detached" from the general look of both franchises.

Mark M and Sebastiaan like this.
  12. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Mutant

At least one thing is good about it - the fact that Matty Collector also shared the post on their FB page with a "Yes!" added to it. :D

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The question is though, who brought this cross over about. WB, Mattel or DC?

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I was reading up an article pointed out by TheZaxFactor and it is indeed being released by Mattel and DC so we can safely assume that is pretty much a marketing ploy to help sell the line.
    However it is only a 6 issue mini series.
    Will the Thundercats become permanent members in the ongoing MOTU story line? Who knows.
    This still does not necessarily guarantee that the line will continue into 2017.

15. Jukka

Jukka Junior Member

Well, there is no ongoing MOTU storyline right now.

The He-Man DC comics last big storyarc "Eternity War" ended now february 2016.
    And from the looks of this artwork (possibly the wraparound-cover to issue #1), there are lot of vintage designs used for characters so it may not be connected to story He-Man was telling (by Rob David actually). ;)

I wouldn't mind a "what if" story for this crossover.

Mark M likes this.
  16. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Well according to the artist Freddie William's facebook post (which is where I got the info from to begin with), he approached DC after learning WB had the rights to the franchise.

"People on In this (Thundercats Fas group) told me that Warner Brothers probably still had the publishing rights to Thundercats, which made me ask around at DC Comics, setting off a series of domino's, eventually putting me on the radar of the decision makers for this crossover, who then agreed to let me draw this crossover, thanks everyone, I hope you dig the series which debuts in October! :)"

Sebastiaan likes this.
  17. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Fingers crossed this could lead to something solo for the cats. Crossovers are cool, but I've got no great love for MOTU. Solo Thundercats stories would be much more of a draw for me.

Daremonger and Sebastiaan like this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Interesting. Well I hope the comic turns out good.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  19. Daremonger

I'm impressed DC still has the publishing rights to ThunderCats even after their unpredictable WildStorm comics. :)

20. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Well they are owned by WB, as is Thundercats.

Daremonger likes this.