Hear the Roar! ThunderCats book released today

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by Bernie'sPiano, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Bernie'sPiano

Bernie'sPiano Berbill

2. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

lol When will you be promoting your book in Maryland so I can buy a signed copy?

:D

3. Bernie'sPiano

Bernie'sPiano Berbill

Hi, I must admit, I hadn't anticipated anyone wanting my signature, but by all means PM me and we'll work something out.

Many thanks
    Dave

4. Bernie'sPiano

Bernie'sPiano Berbill

[​IMG]

Hear the Roar! The Unofficial and Unauthorised Guide to the Hit 1980s series ThunderCats is now available. Click below to pick up your copy today:

Amazon.co.uk
    Bigbadtoystore.com
    Telos.co.uk

This really is the definitive guide to ThunderCats and there's not a single question you'll have about the show that you won't find answered. Buy now to hear the story behind the show for the very first time!

Please support this book now by placing an order as small publishers always print to limited quantities in the first print run and I don't want anyone from here to be disappointed!

--------------
    Hear the Roar! The Unofficial and Unauthorised Guide to the Hit 1980s Series ThunderCats
    by David Crichton

Originally broadcast in 1985, ThunderCats has become one of the most enduring animated series of its era. For the first time in print, Hear the Roar! documents every aspect of the production of this iconic show — told by the people who made it.

Featuring over 80 exclusive interviews with cast and crew members, this definitive reference guide charts ThunderCats' creation and development, drawing on a wealth of never-before-seen production paperwork and leaving no stone unturned.

Dedicated chapters highlight the writing, animating, scoring and recording of ThunderCats, while a comprehensive story guide reviews all 130 episodes, including notes from the scriptwriters themselves! The legendary ThunderCats toy line from LJN Toys is documented too, and even the associated series SilverHawks is explored.

This essential guide to ThunderCats demonstrates why the show continues to thrive, while many of its contemporaries have faded into obscurity...
    ----------

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  5. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

Great! But I'm going to check if it also made to Amazon's U.S. site as well. :)

6. Bernie'sPiano

Bernie'sPiano Berbill

Hi, unfortunately Amazon US aren't yet selling the item – it's listed on the site, but you can only sign up to be notified. Amazon get stock from distributors and we're having some issues with our US distribution so it could be some months before we get that fixed.

I'd really urge everyone, if they can afford to do so, to either order from the above 3 channels, as I'm worried the US fans will hold off buying and I can't guarantee when stock will filter through. However, BigBadToyStore (a US retailer) are the first store to carry the item in North America.

Many thanks, I hope you choose to buy the item as I'm sure you won't be disappointed :)

Many thanks
    Dave

7. Jaga86

Jaga86 Junior Member

I got my copy in the post yesterday and it is AN AWESOME purchase!

It has everything and anything that a fan would want! Original concepts and ideasfor the show to direct memos about shows and characters is amazing!

There is also goodies such as writer commentaries for all 130 episodes as well as bios on the voice actors and ideas for unused scripts as well as dialogue for one of them! THESE ARE COOL episodes that I hope may come into fruiton at some point in the future!

For the prices of £12.74 (UK price) you get about 450 - 500 pages of awesome info, cool pictures and great insight into the show and merchandise from start to finish!

If you are a HUGE FAN like me (and I assume you are as you are on this sight) YOU NEED THIS BOOK!

I PROMISE YOU WON'T REGRET IT AND WILL PROTECT IT AS IT IS A REAL BOOK OF OMENS FOR THE THUNDERCATS FAN!

8. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Hmmm with all that it does sound rather interesting. I might have to try to find it.

...Though I gotta say I might have to create my own dust jacket for it. I'm sorry, but I hate the cover. lol

9. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

I'll probly order this eventually. It'll be something nice to have and keep me entertained.

10. daroga

daroga Moleman

Any word on when Amazon US is going to have it in?

EDIT: Errr... are they going to? It's not changed to "Our of Print" on their site rather than "Coming Soon!"

11. Bernie'sPiano

Bernie'sPiano Berbill

Hi guys, have to reiterate that, if you like the idea of reading this book, PLEASE buy it now rather than waiting. We have no control of whether Amazon.com list the book, as they buy stock from our distributors.

There is a problem at the moment with the US distribution, so I can't give guarantees on when, or if Amazon.com will carry it. It would be a real shame if everyone holds off buying it and my publisher gets cold feet about additional print runs because everyone is holding back. I completely understand people want the best value for money, but hopefully I can say that, even allowing for international postage, I still think you'll get your money's worth :) as this is a BIG book!

Many thanks, I hope you decide to add this to your collection :liono

Dave

12. daroga

daroga Moleman

Just a heads up, I checked Amazon UK this morning and they only had 2 left so I just bit the bullet and bought it. Now they've only got one.

13. aewsmith

aewsmith Guest

I bought mine from Amazon UK yesterday. With the shipping included it came out to $34 CAN, BBTS has it on for $33.99 US before shipping. And it was sent this morning, BBTS still has it on preorder. I would suggest Amazon UK.

Looking forward to the read, thanks!

14. aceface11

aceface11 Guest

Hi all, my first post so keep your claws in :)

I ordered this mighty tome from Amazon (UK) the moment it came out on preorder and received it Monday. Have been pretty busy so far so only had chance to read first 30 pages (of which there are many!) and it's a fascinating insight so far.... Really interesting to hear how the whole Rankin/Bass partnership worked and how organic the creative process was. Not compared to the TV industry today I take it.....!

Had a flick through the book and cannot wait to get to the episode guide (which is like no other) - with comments from the writers, producers etc. It looks great!

Really appreciate the time and effort this must have taken to be put together. Incidentally David, how long was this in development?

Matt

15. the fixer

the fixer Active Member

Hey David,

I've received my book from amazon.co.uk!

For the moment I've only read a tiny bit in it but it's pretty clear already that you did a tremendous job on your book!
    It clearly is THE book all us ThunderCats fans have been waiting for for a long, long time!

Congratulations with this juggernaut of a guide, David! And thank you! ;)

Cliff

16. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

David, do you know if and when Amazon will be re-stocking the book?

17. Thad Boyd

Thad Boyd Junior Member

Hi David, I hope the quick sell-out at Amazon UK is a good sign for you.

I'll keep an eye on Big Bad Toy Store for when they get it into stock; money's a little tight at the moment but I'll save pennies.

(Hoping it'll finally settle my long-standing argument with the IMDb mods about their ludicrous original airdates, but if scans of the original scripts didn't do it I'm not confident that an exhaustive, thoroughly-researched book will either. Sigh. At least they removed the James Lipton credit.)

18. jonwes

jonwes Active Member

Got my copy from The Book Depository today! If anyone is hesitant in the US to buy it, this is a good place to get it. It ended up costing me about $18 and it's free shipping... even to the US! The book looks really great. Can't wait to dive in as I know little to nothing about the behind the scenes of the show!

19. Bernie'sPiano

Bernie'sPiano Berbill

Hi everyone, thanks for the kind words. It was two years of hard work, but great fun and I'm really proud of the end result! I'm confident in saying I don't think it will be beaten anytime soon...mainly because I don't think the 80 members of the cast and crew will fancy being grilled a second time :)

Amazon are still listing it as out of stock, but we've just replenished the distributor's stock, so I'm not sure why that is. They work to their own rules, so it's difficult to influence Amazon. In the short term, the best and quickest way is to order via the publisher's website at www.telos.co.uk. Please do keep ordering copies as I don't want everyone to wait in the hope of Amazon UK/COM listings as they're so difficult to control!

Many thanks
    Dave

20. cottonmouth

cottonmouth Junior Member

I would love to see some preview pages if it's possible :)