Hear the Roar! ThunderCats book released today

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by Bernie'sPiano, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Captain Shiner

Captain Shiner Crabman

Bought this on ebay today, cannot wait to get stuck into it, I have always wondered about the origins of the show and have a thousand questions, hopefully this book will answer them

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'm gonna own that book.

3. SnarfofOmens

SnarfofOmens Berbill

3 years on & i still don't own this book! Seems so hard to find for less than £20. But i shall own it before the month is out, i need to treat myself after going since April without a 'Cats purchase.
    Would love to get one signed ;)

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It's great book to have and I would highly recommend it as it has a lot of great information and interviews with all those involved in creating the cartoon and toyline. My only complaint is that it could have had a few more pictures. If I recall correctly mine was around £15 when I got it a couple years ago. It is definitely worth £20.

5. thunderwildcats

thunderwildcats Junior Member

Looking forward to reading it just picked one up on ebay for £6.99 free postage so not to bad!

6. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I consider myself fairly frugal and do not have a large budget to work with. With that said I would definitely recommend picking this book up!

7. SnarfofOmens

SnarfofOmens Berbill

Thanks guys. Got mine delivered from Amazon today. £16.99 with free delivery. (& unusually delivered on a sunday!)
    Cannot wait to get stuck in, just like these forums it shall be a priceless info into the show & helping me with my ever-expanding collection.
    Congrats to David Crichton, would love to see a sequel with more pictures of scenes, deleted scenes & the vast toy/merch lines that were released. Maybe even a seperate book just for the 2011 series?

8. Daremonger

Now I officially own the book. I've read through the whole thing and am really impressed with all the hard work the author had to go through to make it possible.

9. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

10. SnarfofOmens

SnarfofOmens Berbill

Couldn't agree more. I also own the Unofficial He-Man guide by James Eatock (Cereal:Geek) And I'm only just starting to read HTR & cannot begin to imagine how hard it must have been to track down so much info after so many years, and i'm sure i speak for anyone who has read it in saying how much we all appreciate & like this book.
    As i said in a previous post i would love to see a book made about the 2011 series, either by David, or if there is someone else out there that may be able to make it happen, im sure that woild have the same support as HTR has had.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  11. Daremonger

I'd love to see a book about the 2011 "ThunderCats" series.

12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I would drop some hard earned money on that!

By the way, does anyone know if there is a digital version of the Hear the Roar book? I have the hard copy, but would love to have it on my tablet!

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I highly doubt a book on the 2011 cartoon is going to happen and I very much doubt there would be much support for it.

14. Daremonger

Happy 5th birthday to Hear the Roar!

15. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Hard to believe it's that old! I still carry mine in my backpack.

Daremonger likes this.
  16. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

I have a copy! got it a couple years ago. Are all copy's autographed? I bought mine "used" on eBay, although it looked like its never been read.

17. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Mine isn't autographed. Got mine pristine from ebay too. A better seven quid has never been spent.

18. Daremonger

I got a copy for Christmas 2012. :)