Help finding "Academic" works about the history of Thundercats, 80's Toys and Cartoons

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by TeaCat81, Mar 4, 2019.

1. TeaCat81

TeaCat81 New Member

Hello folks,

University student here writing a paper for undergrad and I get the luxury of writing about human/animal hybrids in popular culture representations. :)

ThunderCats naturally came to mind. I am wondering if any one knows any good books or sources about 80's Toys and Cartoons like thunder cats. It am looking for things that explore all the aspects from the Business end to the creative end. Youtube channels like "Toy Galaxy" https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjoe3Qo_DymYyBR6X9VxFjQ are great. Does anyone know what type of sources they use to get all of this history?

Thanks

2. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I would highly recommend "Hear the Roar! the Unofficial and Unauthorised Guide to the Hit 1980s Series Thundercats" by David Crichton

It has pretty much anything and everything about ThunderCats.

Mark M likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Like @Wilycub said Hear The Roar is the definitive Thundercats book.
    I'm not sure if Teeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would qualify as animal/human hybrids but if so Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Ultimate Visual Hstory is a great book with lots of information on their creation.

4. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

TMNT would definitely qualify, especially since in some fiction mutants are directly the result of human/animal physical contact.