Highest & Lowest?

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Alluro Fan, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

We've been talking a lot lately about bargains and rare finds at high prices, so it got me to thinking about what I shelled out the most for to complete my collection and what took literally no effort to obtain. So let's share how big of a bullet we had to bite to get what we want and what was a piece of cake.

My most expensive was Slithe at $50.76 from an Ebay seller in the UK. The Tiger Flyer with Tygus comes in at a close second at $50 from an Ebay seller in Maryland.

Cheapest goes to a 6 way tie between 4 inch Lion-O, Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living, Claudus, Panthro, Cheetara, and Tygra. $4 each at my local Magic Mart.

2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I hope this topic gets some traction as I would be very interested in peoples answers.

I believe that my most expensive buy would the the STGCC Red Lion-O. If I remember correctly I paid a little over $30.

The cheapest would be a few basic 4" (Lion-O, Tygra & Cheetara) for $3 + tax from Big Lots.

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The Thunder Tank at release for £40. Followed by the 6" Tygra and Cheetara for around £20 each. It was a pointless buy as I had already given away all the NS toys I bought on the release date to my cousins, but I wanted to see if the overall quality had improved on Tygra and Cheetara compared to the other 6" figures.....which it had not. They went on eBay a couple weeks later.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  4. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

same.

STGCC Lion-O from BBTS

4" figures from Big Lots.

5. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

For $3 those 4" ones are hard to pass up. I am still tempted to go back for some duplicates and maybe another $5 tank

6. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

yeah, not a huge win, but I was excited to find another Claudis for $3. I have another one I got when he released, but it was the only one I ever found on the shelf.

As for everything else on the 2011 line. I bought it all pretty much retail price, including slithe. through BBTS. had to buy a complete case though. Was like $60 for the 3 dlx figures, just to get slithe.

7. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

I think the most ive spent on a single item was maybe $18 for the Panthro Nunchucks. The least ive spent was maybe on some of the blind bag mini figures for about $1 and 6 of the 7 Euro Tri-Logo carded figures for bout the same. I was fortunate to get most things at retail or grossly below. Currently trying to hunt down all the variations (There are a ton.)

8. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I completely agree with trying to get all the variations. I would really like to have a complete list to go from as I am unsure on how many revisions of each figure were produced.

9. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Ive just discovered what I thought was a first run Tygra ThunderRacer with CN Logo, does in fact have the BAI-1 above the UPC. Meaning its a revision. Anybody else out can check theirs and tell me if u come across the same thing?

10. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I just got a 6inch Tygra at a local Roses today for $5.

They had Lion-O and Cheetara too, but I was already in line by the time I found out the price (it wasn't on the box).

11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Nice find! I don't believe there are any stores (even secondary) near me that have any Thundercats merchandise left. I really miss walking into stores and seeing them.

12. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Yeah I was really surprised. I rushed the Tygra to the register not even knowing it's price considering how it's kinda rare. I'll go back to see if the Lion-O and Cheetara are still there this Saturday.

They also had the Classics 6 inch Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. Still debating on picking those up.

13. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Went to a flea market on Monday and one booth had a ton of the Bandai ThunderCats. All wave 1 stuff (Was hoping they had some of the Wave 1 BAI Stuff I'm still missing/Wave 2 6 Inch). They were asking $5 or 2 for $8 for the Figures 4"/Deluxe/6". $10 for ThunderTanks/Racers/8"(Saw one CN Logo Tygra Racer - unfortunately it was a BAI-R1). And I forgot what they had on the towers. These people must have had cases and cases worth of Items. Wish them all the best unloading it. Haha.

14. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Pretty cool that you came across them. I am still after quite a few of the wave 1 BAI myself. Its a shame they didn't have anything you needed. I haven't made it to a flea market in a very long time, but I would have expected the prices to be a bit lower at such a venue.

15. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

Yeah I went to a place called Burley Park, its off of M46 over by Newaygo. They have it a few times over the Summer. I did just score me a BAI-1 Lion-O ThunderRacer (Now I have all 3 Versions) for $8 shipped on the ole bay.

16. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Sounds cool. It looks like it would take a little under 2 hrs from my house though. Do they happen to have any of the vintage figures too?

Congrats on the ThunderRacer! That's a pretty decent price when you consider how expensive shipping costs are now a days.

17. jabus

jabus Laser Beast

I saw a couple. Different dealers everytime and different merch everytime so its kinda of a hit and miss thing.

18. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I came across a 6" modern Mumm-ra at Tuesday Mornings yesterday for $3. I had to pick it up! It still feels great to find one in an actual store.

On a side note I picked it up for my daughter and I to play with. She had just gotten her shots at the Dr. And this helped to cheer her up. Later we went to see Santa and she told him she wanted a dollhouse for her Mumm-ra. Judging by the blank expression it is safe to say this Santa is not familiar with Thundercats haha

19. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Hahaha, priceless!:D

20. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

I started collecting the 2011 toyline and the prices have not been bad as they are not in demand :/ even i have purchased from other collectors, still, better than purchase them on ebay (I live in venezuela)