Hollywood Heroes Historic Sale of Prototypes

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by hollywoodheroes, Mar 18, 2011.

1. hollywoodheroes

hollywoodheroes Berbill

Folks-

I wanted to take a chance to address this delay of the sale. Some members have asked rather nicely, some not so nicely, as to why there is such a delay.

In simplest terms, my clients keep finding more items. In addition, they have relayed information to other toy professionals, who have also stepped forward and signed on as Hollywood Heroes clients. We had to go under contract reviews, and obtain photos of the collections.

These things all take time. There are more than 200 items that have turned up including models, hardcopies, paintings, drawings and promotional material.

All I ask is that you take some time and relax. Get ready for the sale... which will most likely be a write in or phone in auction. Ebay fees are simply too high right now, and we're trying to keep all auctions fees to a minimum.

I can offer you some highlights:

Two Lunatackers: The only two ever made. We have them both.
    One Feliner: One of only three ever made.
    One Mad Bubbler and Mad Bubbler II set: The only time both versions have ever been seen.
    Sword of Omens prototype model. The only one made.
    Unproduced figures which never made production.

Much, much more.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, please... understand that we're working as hard as we can to take on this huge task. I will try and keep the community as informed as I can as often as possible.

If anyone has any questions, please contact me directly.

Best-
    Jordan

2. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

You have to sell these via ebay as if they turn out to be fake or if you don't send them how are people protected???

At least with ebay a buyer is protected and has peace of mind.

3. If you doubt the authenticity of these items, and apparently Hollywood Heroes reputation, then do not make an offer. I am hoping that i am invited to bid on these items during this historic sale. Once these clear this sale, many will never be seen again.

Jordan, Please disregard people who do not know you and your company, Keep us posted on when the "bidding" starts, thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
  4. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Thanks for the update Jordan, for someone living outside US would it be feasible to purchase a product by a write in or phone in auction, as you mentioned?

The sword of Omens sounds very enticing!

5. I also want to know more...:slythe:

6. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

There is no question about authenticity ;)

However I agree eBay is a more comfortable venue for these items. Just want to make it clear my above post is simply a disclaimer for this site, due to the kind of money these items will likely sell for. We basically do not have the time to be a mediator, so wanted that be made clear well in advance of such a sale starting :)

That said, we are excited and are 100% behind these items going into the hands of collectors, so are more than happy for the sale to be advertised here :)

As this is turning into a sales discussion I shall move this thread to the ThunderCats Marketplace forum ;)

7. gjustis

gjustis Junior Member

As someone who has dealt w/ Jordan and HH, I can offer the following two comments:

1.) Jordan and HH are an exceptional outfit. HH's reputation is second to none, and as one who has dealt in collectibles for some time, I cannot recommend them highly enough. HH's sources are reliable; their service singular in the hobby. I have dealt with HH without hesitation in the past, and expect to do so in the not-so-distant future.

2.) eBay offers few protections that one doesn't already have when purchasing items online, at auction or otherwise. The best buyer protection is provided by the services through which payment itself is made (PayPal, for example, or fraud protection services through your credit card provider). Of course, if there was a problem with an order from HH, I would expect nothing less than prompt, exceptional attention from Jordan - again, customer service is of great importance to HH, speaking from much experience. However, if you're looking for peace of mind, I would be concerned with the protection offered by payment services, not by eBay. At the end of the day, the venue makes little difference...although again, I would be the first to trust whatever route HH feels best under the circumstances.

8. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

Jordan what is that small feliner?

9. wthompson

wthompson Crabman

Matt: Jordan what is that small feliner?

Could be Rough Rider Line.

10. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

Wthompson: could be a rough rider line?

meaning that was the concept model that was used to build the working model?

11. wthompson

wthompson Crabman

For something so small as that, it's probably the next piece in the evolution and not a model but hard to say as not sure what's it's made out of. It's plastic then there is for sure more of them out there. Some vehicle models or even certain toy line weapon models often used styrene and other materials to create the prototype. This one could be similar to the Mutant Fist Pounder Rough Rider.

I used to own a complete hardcopy for the unproduced visionaries Skybucket that was very thin in some spots.

[​IMG]

12. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

I believe is part of the rough rider line too since a Fistpounder was also made

13. Well its September, can we start bidding on the September auctions yet??:)

14. pauly

pauly Vortex Explorer

Who's ready to re mortgage their house.....?

15. Again - this is all relative...

Let me give you an example, say Quickjaws has a reserve of 5000USD (I have no idea what the reserve is, this number is round) basically, for 5K you are getting an un-produced, hand assembled, hand painted piece of art that is one of only three in the entire world, and one of two painted in that color scheme. there are mass-produced figures selling for that same amount (TW Lion-O, LL Mumm-Ra) and i understand that they are rare, but they were mass produced the Quickjaws is 1 of 3. you are not buying toys, you are investing in art:thumbsup:

16. pauly

pauly Vortex Explorer

Good way of looking at it. Still I will never be able to afford these.

17. Sell the MOTU collection!

18. pauly

pauly Vortex Explorer

Hmm, Maybe after they are graded but I doubt I will get 5k for all of them...:(
    Any news on when we can bid on the September stuff? :thumbsup:

19. Don't bid on the ones im bidding on man! :mad:

20. pauly

pauly Vortex Explorer

Don't worry I only want the Mumm-ra with yellow dagger.
    If you are going for that one I'll leave it.