Huge collection of Thundercats Comics

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by SnarfofOmens, Aug 8, 2015.

1. SnarfofOmens

SnarfofOmens Berbill

Hey everyone, just a heads up i will be creating a thread in the Thundercats marketplace shortly, i am selling off all my Thundercats comics...

Here's an idea of what i have...

• UK full run 1 to 129 plus collected comics 1,2,3,4,5 & 7
    • US comics full run 1-24
    • Wildstorm comics full run with most (but not all) variant covers
    • French Cosmocat comics
    • And many other foreign issues, and UK mini books.
    Probably one of the largest & most complete Thundercats comic collections there is - (soon to be WAS sadly)

2. SnarfofOmens

SnarfofOmens Berbill

Please bear in mind there is a lot for me to list, so it might take a few edits & posts to upload all the info.
    So here we go...

I Shall start off by listing my collection of FRENCH Cosmocats comics.
    These are both the original 80s versions & the early 2000s wildstorm comics.

I believe this next lot came from Brazil, they are certainly of south american origin...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next up (& slightly off-topic) is my complete Cereal:Geek collection:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  3. SnarfofOmens

SnarfofOmens Berbill

I am slowly adding all the photos to the first post, and will add in information as & when i can, hopefully i will have it all finished this week.
    Apologies for how long this is taking me, i'm struggling to find the time to do it, and it's such a pain trying to do it through a smartphone.
    Please let me know what you guys think, and If anything catches your eye please PM me & i will prioritise answering your questions first.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

How much would you be looking for the full UK collection? If you don't mind me asking why are you selling your collection?

SnarfofOmens likes this.
  5. SnarfofOmens

SnarfofOmens Berbill

I think the full UK collection is what i value the most, and is going to be the hardest to part with, and would take a decent figure to prise them from my grasp :D
    A few things have led me to selling though, i need money to help pay for my wedding in october this year, and i really want to continue collecting the figures, and i need money (and storage/display space) to do that.
    So reluctantly, i think its best to let them go to a new home & scale down my collection to just pieces that i can display & enjoy regularly.
    The UK comics are where i started my collection many years ago, and i will have a framed Mint copy of Issue 1 forever on display.
    The UK pics will go up last, i still have quite a few more pics to add before i get there, so watch this space & thanks for looking :cool:

6. SnarfofOmens

SnarfofOmens Berbill

Almost there! Will check through, re-organise & make sure i haven't missed anything, then i shall do a seperate reply on this thread for the Marbel UK comics!

7. SnarfofOmens

SnarfofOmens Berbill

Here they are, the ones you have all been waiting for ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I need a better image of the main lot, but here is a quick snapshot of all 129 of them:
    [​IMG]
    Let me know what you think of the entire collection, i am hoping to avoid listing these on eBay, so any offers from fans would be great, knowing theycwould be going to a good home.

8. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

God bless you, SnarfofOmens.

9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Could you tell me more about the Oink Thundercats comic? I don't think I have ever seen anything like that before.

10. SnarfofOmens

SnarfofOmens Berbill

Hey adssse,
    I shall have to pull it out again & get a few more shots of it for you, here is a bio i found online regarding the Oink! Comics,
    http://ukcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Oink!

They were a kind of satire comic, this particular issue features & short satirical take on the Thundercats.

11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Thanks! That is really kind of a neat one to have. Congrats on a great collection!

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

All 129 are very tempting. I only have a several UK Thundercats comics left and they are not in the best of condition.
    If you want a bit of advice, if there is anything you think you want to buy back at some point it would be better not to sell it in the first place. Believe me I know. ;)
    There were several things I sold from my collection that I cannot find/afford to buy back such as my Galaxy Rangers figure collection, Takatoku Big Dai-X and various other Transformers and robots. Same with various comics I had.

SnarfofOmens likes this.
  13. SnarfofOmens

SnarfofOmens Berbill

Yea, really on the fence about the UK comics, but as long as i can get a good price & find a good home i will be happy.
    I don't want to over-price them, but i want to get a good price for them, the UK ones are all bagged & boarded, with MOST others at least bagged.

Not had any offers yet, so i might start listing the foreign ones on eBay shortly...

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think you should have a price in mind and put that up to give people an incentive to make an offer and bargain etc. If they think you are looking for a large price which they couldn't afford they won't make an offer.

SnarfofOmens likes this.
  15. SnarfofOmens

SnarfofOmens Berbill

That's a fair comment, i have been holding off putting a price up as i wouldn't want to over-price.

Selling as a complete set always hurts the value of the few more valuable comics in the collection, not to mention the postage cost of such heavy items.

That said, there are 282 altogether in the photos i have uploaded, suggesting that they are worth at least £2 each, plus adding in for the rarer ones, i would be looking for around £1000. This price would also include worldwide postage & packaging costs, as they are heavy & would require me spending a bit on adequate packaging.

There is a bit of room there for negotiation, plus the fact that they will probably get split up which would eat into the shipping & packaging costs.

I think the price works out quite fair as it works out to less than £4 per comic/book.

Mark M likes this.
  16. Luckineko

Luckineko Junior Member

It would be better if someone continued the reboot in comic form!

17. SnarfofOmens

SnarfofOmens Berbill

It would be great, but we always have fan-fiction to get us through.
    Can't wait to get started reading some on here!

Luckineko likes this.
  18. Luckineko

Luckineko Junior Member

That's sad and true...

19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

At that price I think you should maybe sell them in separate lots. Vintage, Wildstorm, etc. in maybe lots of 5-10 comics each.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  20. SnarfofOmens

SnarfofOmens Berbill

Yeah i'm looking at selling in individual sets, so each wildstorm set, each foreign set etc.
    The eBay listings will commence as soon as i can find a spare 5mins to list them.