I cleaned up SDCC awful Lion-O blackwash

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by Thunderandreams, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Thunderandreams

Thunderandreams Active Member

I hated the blackwash on my the SDCC figure. It was really thrown on it.:mad:

So I decided to try and clean it up. I cleaned up the skin and boots completely.
    I left some on the harnass and the hair, but removed most of the wash that looked like lines:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used 96% alcohol, some makeup pads and a sanding pad:

[​IMG]

It comes of sort of easy. the wrist paint nor the boots or Harnass loose colour when using the alcohol.
    But be carefull on the abdomen. That paint will come off and there is blue under it.
    I didn't tought the face with alcohol by the way. It is not needed and probably better to avoid;)

2. Ideal

Ideal Glass Walker

thats one of the reasons i skipped the sdcc version. the wash was way overdone.

by comparison, the regular version is a bit too bland. the slight wash on yours from where you cleaned it up looks much better than either version. its just enough to let his details pop a little, but not so much that it looks like the figure fell in the dirt

3. Nelson

Nelson Berbill

Good job! Looks a lot better now.

4. kimory

kimory Junior Member

Very good work! He looks just right:thumbsup:

5. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

thats how he should come out of the box! nice job.

6. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

Please try imageshack instead. Photobucket blocked your photos.

7. Thunderandreams

Thunderandreams Active Member

Bandwith issue. I went pro to fix it. The easiest way:D

8. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Moleman

Good job. I'm really disappointed here though. Bandai really aimed low with this line.

I mean just think of how awesome Figuarts versions of Thundercats would be. Instead we are stuck with Bandai America. They are an inferior toy company.