If you were to write a character-centered episode...

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by Tygra_Rules, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

They did pair up in "Helpless Laughter", but nothing to write home about. All they did was pretty much use the ThunderStrike to melt glaciers.

Mark M and Daremonger like this.
  2. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

They also paired up in "Mossland Monster", when they went looking for Tygra, although it was Panthro who knew all abou it (maybe Bengali was worreid for his big brother? j/k on the brother thing let's not get involved in that discussion again LOL).

Daremonger likes this.
  3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

That's good. :)

4. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

I had this idea floating around for awhile. It would have been interesting if Mandora had tried to arrest Mumm-Ra in an episode. Of course she fails but I would have found it amusing anyway.

Tygra_Rules and Daremonger like this.
  5. Daremonger

Me, too. :)

6. Tygra_Rules

That's something I always wondered. Why didn't she arrest the Mutants and/or the Lunataks, like never? It was on a circus manager to take them away, and not in an official law enfrocer...

Daremonger likes this.
  7. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

Mandora did arrest Chilla in one episode, "Sideswipe". But other than that . . .

adssse and Daremonger like this.
  8. mumm_ra_n_rana

the first episode I saw mandora in I thought for sure there would be an episode where she tried to arrest mumm-ra because he's technically the embodiment of evil. You know, for crimes against humanity... and catmanity...

Daremonger and Tygra_Rules like this.
  9. LiamABC

Perhaps "felinity" would be a better substitute!

10. mumm_ra_n_rana

it would be interesting if there could be an episode where one of the mutants has a moment where they are shown not to be totally evil. Even if it's just like mokian or someone taking care of a hurt animal but he doesn't want the others to know and he tries to hide what he's doing which only makes the other suspicious. The said other mutant decides to hurt the thing but he fights them off while a few of the thundercats who also had been trying to help the thing stand back and watch with interest.

Daremonger, Tygra_Rules and Mark M like this.
  11. LiamABC

A bit like Cindarr in Visionaries. More than once he has shown great compassion for animals, and it's sometimes hard to tell why he's a baddie at all!

Daremonger and Mark M like this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Reminds me of the Turtles episode where Rocksteady or Bebop has a pet turtle.
    I don't think Cindarr was really evil just more stupid and easily lead and manipulated by others.
    It would have been interesting for an episode like that. Maybe the if the animal was huge and something the others wanted to use against the Thundercats.

Daremonger and mumm_ra_n_rana like this.
  13. mumm_ra_n_rana

To be perfectly honest I really think Monkian would have been perfect for that role. Oddly enough during the trials he did mention dating one of the warrior women, so he MIGHT have a softer side to him.

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

All the Mutants were some what poorly written. At first you would think they were really vicious warriors. But as the show went on it became some what apparent they were not high up in the chain of command. They just seemed like general lackeys. And quite expendable since they were tasked with following the Flag Ship for all those years to Third Earth.

I have always had an idea for a fan fiction I would like to write, that would probably make a good episode, about what Jaga got up to piloting the ship to Third Earth while the others where in their suspension capsules. Like maybe Jaga having to fight off a small group of Mutants who were still hiding aboard the ship or possibly having to make some stops to do repairs to the ship.

15. mumm_ra_n_rana

Speaking of jaga why did he just disappear when he died? why wasn't there a corpse?

Daremonger likes this.
  16. Daremonger

Maybe it's because Jaga had some mysticism inside him.

17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Because of Star Wars. Jaga was going to be the Obi Wan to Lion-O's Luke. When Obi Wan and Yoda died they both disappeared so Jaga had to do the same.

Daremonger and Tygra_Rules like this.
  18. Tygra_Rules

Exactly what I thought too.

Daremonger and Mark M like this.
  19. Tygra_Rules

Not precisely a "character-centered" but more a "characters-centered" episode.

As I said before, I think it'd be nice to have had an episode centered in all the TCs, their lives on Thundera and all that. Like when New Thudnera reformed (of copurse, I'd write that off competely, but given that it happened) and the TCs are investigating and preparing themselves to go back, Lion-O could have asked the others what was the planet like and how was their lives, even before becoming TCs.

I always thought their lives were something like this:
    • Panthro was either a well-konown engineer or a workman
    • Tygra of course was a renowned architect and scientist
    • Cheetara was a great athlete
    • The kittens were circus artists
    • Bengali, of course, was a blacksmith
    • Pumyra was a doctor in a Thunderian hospital
    • Lynx-O might have been a monk or something, due to teh robes he wore before being anointed as a TC.
    They all had memories of life there, their families, what becoming a TC meant to them and what they had to leave behind, etc. (or maybe being a TC was not necessarily a 24/7 duty that alienated the TCs from their families... maybe they went to CatsLair from 9 to 5, or had permission to go to their houses on Sundays LOL)

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  20. mumm_ra_n_rana

Or there could have been an episode that peeked into mumm-ra's origins, like how he became what he was. If we discard the origins comics, that is. I mean... was he married? Even the comic itself didn't go much into his family life....
    That makes me wonder were any of the Mutants married? Did they have families back on Plun-Dar that missed them? Do the Mutants miss them back? Why exactly did the mutants even want the sword? What could it have done for them when it only worked for a "pure" person like Lion-O(lol) or Willa?

Tygra_Rules and Mark M like this.