I'm reached an impasse in my writing

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Fan-Fiction' started by srebak, Apr 28, 2013.

1. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

Here's the thing, as i've said before, i'm doing my best to make my Thundercats fanon Season 2 seem canon to the original. And i've been trying to do things that will ensure a happy ending for all and provide some closure for certain issues that i most likely share with many other fans (Pumyra, Tygra's attitude, the Wily Twins' past, stuff like that).

However, whenever i think about the actually canon stuff (Tygra's behavior, the things that Pumyra has already done) it makes it harder for me to truly get into the canon i'm writing. This has led me to slow down a bit with it (that and i have been considering moving on to other pieces of my work).

For example, i expect to write in my fanon season 2 that Pumyra is reformed. But part of me is starting to feel that Pumyra doesn't deserve a second chance and that part also feels that the real show likely wouldn't have given her one and just killed her off in the end. I have been fantasizing about Lion-O hooking with Willa of the Warrior Maidens as a backup, but it feels like i've definitely reached an impasse in my work.

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Take some time off to find your "ThunderCats" spark again. Don't push yourself too hard.

3. MarianaTCdreams

MarianaTCdreams Barbarian

Try asking your characters some questions related to what you want in your story and answer those questions as if you were those characters (I read a magazine that had this idea). I applaud you for actually writing the fanon! :)

4. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

If you're uncertain about Lion-O getting back together with Pumyra, ask youself what the pros and cons are if they do. Then write your answers on a list with another one weighing the idea of introducing an original character instead. Put the lists aside for a month or so and go back over it.