Interview with Tim Perkins, Exclusive Artwork & More!

Discussion in 'Vintage Collectables' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Three amazing features are now available for viewing in the Comics section! First up, we have a Woolworth's article that includes some ThunderCats promotional material from the Kid's Club Magazine that ran in the 1980s.

Next, we've got a great interview from Tim Perkins, a former artist who worked on the UK ThunderCats comics in late 1980s. To accompany the interview, Mr. Perkins provided us with some amazing artwork from his personal collection, several of which were never published and are being seen for the first time! A definite must-see for all fans!

We would also like to once again thank Tim Perkins for taking the time to do the interview and for also donating all the awesome artwork for us to use on the site. Be sure to scroll down at the bottom of the interview for a special treat!

On a different note, we added a new store to the Community section -- be sure to check them out as well as all the other links on the stores page!

2. Tim Perkins

Tim Perkins Junior Member

Many thanks for the kind words.

Hi Manny,

Thanks for all the kind words, it really means a lot to me.

Regards,
    Tim Perkins.
    :slythe:

3. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Just to give you guys an insight into how special these art pieces of Tim's are to me, this is the pencil & ink cover to the first ThunderCats comic I ever owned - pencilled by Martin Griffiths and inked by Tim! :)

[​IMG]

Seeing this in its early, unfinished form gave me probably the biggest ThunderCats-related buzz I've ever had, right up there with the time I spoke to Larry Kenney (the voice of Lion-O) over e-mail! :)

Take care... :)

4. Tim Perkins

Tim Perkins Junior Member

This means a lot...

Hi Chris,

As always the "buzz" is here with me too.
    ;) :)

To think that in those early days of my career in comics guys like you were buying them and that they mean as much to you today as they did then, means a great deal to me.

Thanks for the kind words and I'll speak to you again soon.

Regards,
    Tim...
    :slythe: