Is it official? - Has ThunderCats been cancelled? :(

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Dr_SLUMP, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I said the NS wasn't suitable to sell millions of toys to younger children due to the darker aspects of the show, unlike the OS.
    One of the most annoying things about the NS was, what they were going to and had the potential to do, instead of actually doing. If the writers had done some of these ideas in the first season instead of the filler episodes it might not have got cancelled.

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

"ThunderCats" is nothing more than a marketing ploy by WB, it seems.

3. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

I saw the whole series once again. Now that it's over, it was clear for me to see that the series was great before the 13th episode, while after that everything went downfall.

Scriptwriting, acting and even animation were noticeably losing quality, while the characters became somewhat soul-less and skin-deep.

4. HeMan

HeMan Glass Walker

wow, i just recently finished the series all over again as well. i can agree with you in saying the first early episodes were definitely of better quality than the later half of the season.

5. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

There's nothing wrong with the series having a darker feel. Right, I rather prefer what they did with it than it being the original series 2.0.

Mind you, there are flaws like perhaps they should have you know, gave more development to other characters but I'm rather fond of Pumyra being a villain.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I liked some of the darker aspects of the NS.

7. catamountain

catamountain Moleman

I may be in the minority but I really liked the entire series and thought it got better as it went along, and am intrigued as to what would have happened next. However I believe it would been probably been again building building towards an epic awesome finish.

8. Dragon78

Dragon78 Barbarian

Your not the only one who feels that way, catamountain.:thumbsup:Not everyone on this site is a hater.

9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Ya, your not alone I have really enjoyed both new and old in their own rights.

10. Atharun

Atharun Junior Member

Honestly....the biggest problem was that the first 2 episodes (or hour long episode) setup this epic that quickly went to episode of the week format complete with villain of the week. Some things were serious and others childish and in between their were good episodes such as the duelist and the drifter but the story never felt coherent. It was all over the place and I honestly blame the writers.

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

One thing that always annoyed me was that the first episode was great, then it was followed by one of the absolute worst and most pointless episodes of the series, Ramlak Rising.

12. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I am a fan of the new series, but I have to really agree with this!

13. remocat2222

remocat2222 Guest

I blame the toy line deployment more than anything.