Is Thundercats Fandom slowly dying?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by Blackwing, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I wonder if the kids of today will look back at the reincarnation of ThunderCats in 20 years or so and recall it the way we all recall the OS. I've loved the OS since it came out when I was 6 too, and begged my dad to buy me my first TC when it was in stores here in SA back in 1986. I also had the misfortune of identifying Pumyra as Willa or Nayda!!!! I felt so stupid when I found out how wrong I was a few years ago. I think the thrill of collecting is what really kept me going - still a few rarer pieces and the big play sets to collect, but I'm done with most of the OS and NS. So I agree that the toy collecting really adds to the charm, but as a die hard fan too, it's not a requirement! however, I would love to have somebody continue the 8" classics line. My Lion-O, Tygra and red Lion-O look rather lonely! I hope one day the movie gets made, but I would be happy if the classic line could come out like TMNT did recently. Personally I've been disappointed that so many sites became stagnant, with boards closing too. Does that mean fans were not talking enough? Who knows. But whatever, ThunderCats is very much alive in my mind and memories. And the toys in my display helps to keep it fresh in my mind.:liono

2. bronty

bronty Junior Member

good thoughts. I certainly hope there will be some fresh material soon! A good movie or cartoon would go a long way :)

3. kittenmeow

kittenmeow Junior Member

I hope not.

4. SnarfofOmens

SnarfofOmens Berbill

This is a great topic of discussion, and really needs more exposure.. as does the whole Thundercats brand!

I cannot wait for my kid(s) to grow up so i can show them the cartoons i grew up with and loved & I hope she / they become as huge a Thundercats fan as i am.

As stated in previous posts, WB really needs to do something on a regular basis, or sell the rights to someone that will give the Thundercats to love they deserve, otherwise it will be lost on future generations.

5. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I agree with you, SnarfofOmens. Warner Bros. needs to treat "ThunderCats" with a little more respect.

6. Thunderhog

Thunderhog Junior Member

I think one way to get people interested in TCats again is a AAA-quality game out of it - there's SO much in there to be turned into a game it's ridiculous!

I'm thinking along the lines of ThunderCats meets Skyrim, now THAT would be perfect!

7. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Personally I think a Japanese anime (not just an American written show animated in Japan) would be cool and would help raise awareness. I think it could be really popular in Japan and I sure wouldn't mind importing awesome figures if I had to (as cool as it was seeing Tcats toys on the shelves again). Something on the level of Sword Art Online's first half or Fullmetal Alchemist.

Luckinekolives and Mark M like this.
  8. Daremonger

Some well-known Sakuga animators would be helpful, too.

Luckinekolives likes this.
  9. *queen lynxana stretches and yawns

I'm back......let me start posting on Facebook to my friends and newbies and I'll help bring this site back to life..............I've done it before to other sites ;)

Relax, I'm not wild like I was before, college straightened me out..........well somewhat. But anyways, since I got the TCL.org emails about updates, I'll see what I can do to bring new life to this site.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    Daremonger likes this.
  10. Daremonger

Sure!

Luckinekolives and Gerrit like this.
  11. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

I know they should stop focus on Legos for a while, and get back to ThunderCats, seriously!

Daremonger likes this.
  12. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

Well guys, if you read through this thread it seems like the doom and gloom days have gone at last! We now have a new line to look forward to and I am sure we TC's fans are all fired up and can't wait for this new blast of life to hit the brand!! I am sure TC's will be back on the map soon with the new toys coming out, even if there is no media to go with it I am confident that the brand will start seeing some new product from all sort of companies soon!

adssse, Luckinekolives and Daremonger like this.
  13. Daremonger

Cool!!!!

Luckinekolives likes this.
  14. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

At least there's new brand treatment

Daremonger likes this.
  15. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I am hopeful that if the line does well WB will take notice and make another attempt with some form of media!

Daremonger likes this.
  16. Daremonger

A whole-new ThunderCats reboot that's original and that stays true to the source material would be very welcome.

17. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i agree .

Daremonger likes this.
  18. Daremonger

I'm glad you do.

19. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

But I think it will be too bland

20. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

Because many cartoon's today are influenced by anime like Steven universe for example