Jackalman Arrival Thread

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Alluro Fan, Oct 3, 2016.

1. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

liking the art work on the back .

Roadpigjohn, Sebastiaan and adssse like this.
  2. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Glass Walker

Jackalman is the best looking thundercats figure since 1987. I can't wait to get him.

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Any idea who is doing the artwork on the back of these?

4. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

The figure looks great. The bio however, is again, utter crap. I wish they made the effort to distinguish good guys and bad guys by the packaging. Jackalman above Lion-o and behind the sword looks off to me. Also, why is there a large guitar pick with the Mumm-Ra logo on it on the back?

5. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

Because Mumm-Ra is such a kick ass rock star, that's why. On a more serious note, the sale for Jackalman and Club Grayskull Evil-Lyn will go down Monday the 17th.

LioConvoy likes this.
  6. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Hahaha, yeah it's terrible! :roflmao

7. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

Besides the bio I like the artwork at the back. Still not fond of the box though but the figure looks great. Very excited about these figures. Just wish it didnt take one and a half month to arrive.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The bios are maybe trying to incorporate all aspects of Thundercats like the MOTUC bios. There really wouldn't be anything interesting to write about the 80's characters. Pity they couldn't get someone to do a better job writing the bios.

I like Jackalman's head sculpt but the body looks too buff.

9. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

I got my pre-auth charge returned to me. Looks like we'll all be charged for real in a week or 2 when he ships. I wish I could afford Evil-Lyn right now too. She looks great.

10. Colton001

Colton001 Junior Member

Great work up to unauthorized credit card charges, which means I'll have to attempt to change with Matty. Could be the end of my Thundercats!!
    Although last time, at the end of MOTUC I got hacked and never bothered to call them, cause I was fine with it being cancelled, and somehow it all rolled to the new card without me ever doing anything!!! Never found out how that all worked out.

11. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

I noticed that Jackalman is still available with the sale. Do you guys think he will sell out?

12. Aluro

Aluro Active Member

i caved in and bought a second one

I was shocked to see that he's lasted this long though considering the previous sell outs ...

Maybe it's a good sign and they've produced more in anticipation for a super 7 continuation of the line ....

Either that or there's just not much love for jackal man

13. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

I thought it may not sell it instantly. Perhaps some news on the line's future may boost sales. Perhaps by the time the next figure comes out he may sell out. I doubt they made more than they did with Lion-O. If they had paired him up with Ma-mutt or a Mumm-Ra Berbill he may have sold out fast. Not that I'm complaining about what we got. He is a fabulous figure.

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I think he will sell out eventually but maybe the amount of negative reviews of the Lion-O figure with the QC problems along with the uncertain fate of the line has put people off buying more of them. :/

15. Colton001

Colton001 Junior Member

Have an sub holders gotten shipping notices yet?? My card (old and new) have been having pre-authorizations on and off for the last week.

16. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

Jackalman isn't shipping until the end of the month.

17. Colton001

Colton001 Junior Member

Oh?? I must have missed that announcement.

18. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

19. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

So according to that, we should be charged for Jackalman for real probably around the end of next week.

20. Colton001

Colton001 Junior Member

Wish it were sooner as I had to change credit card!! I see the pre-authorizations on the new card, so assuming everything is all good to go. But with Matty I probably should not assume! LOL