Jackalman Arrival Thread

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Alluro Fan, Oct 3, 2016.

1. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

I think the STAR comics were likely also based on concept art. Certain things were always off about their designs such as the sword and the colors of everything. Also the Cats Lair in the above commercial looks like the one in the comics.

adssse likes this.
  2. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Glass Walker

Since my research has not expanded in all those toy lines I can not comment either. However GI joe makes sense since they have been around since the 60's.
    As for the LJN toys, I can only tell you what I heard (hence the quote). But it does make sense since "the first wave of figures were based of character design sheets" and were not acurrate to the cartoon.

3. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Glass Walker

I agree with GI joe 100%.
    "Created" v.s. "aired" = my bad.

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Come to think of it I was only meaning the 1982 A Real American Hero 3.75" figures, I wasn't even thinking of the 12" figures from the 60's.

5. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

To get back on topic, I have yet to be charged for Jackalman and its now the 28th. I am guessing they won't charge until the 31st and then ship in early November.

ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  6. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Again, I paid for mine a couple weeks ago. I'm not too familiar with Digital River's methods, but I would have thought everybody would have been charged by now. What about the rest of you subscribers? Anyone in the same boat as Alluro Fan?

7. Colton001

Colton001 Junior Member

Subscriber here, had the preauthorize on card for a week, then it fell off. No official charge or shipping notice. I would love an update, it's kind of ridiculous. I guess eventually he'll show up.

8. Nitewing73

Nitewing73 Junior Member

I received my renewal on the 11th of this month. I'm new to the sub thing how quickly do they normally ship after that notification?

9. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

They didn't ship Lion-O til the tail end of September. Jackalman looks to be the same and we'll get renewed again around the 11th for Mumm-Ra and Pumyra.

10. Nitewing73

Nitewing73 Junior Member

Ok thanks Alluro. You're right I did see that note for Lion-O.

11. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

Not had the real charge yet... not great planning by the companies. Never mind lion-o, kit & kat have been great soo I'm looking at it as the wait is worth it

12. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Jackalman is on his way over to Digital River's warehouse and should be starting to ship later this week.
    A lot of Mattel products have suffered delays this year apparently, so we can expect the rest of the figures delayed I'm guessing. Not sure how that works for Panthro and Clawful if Matty plan to close up shop come December 31st :/

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  13. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

Was wondering why we still hadn't been charged yet despite it being the 31st. As for Clawful and Panthro, they're still obligated to ship those even though it most likely will be January when they do so.

14. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

True, its the 31st but its also Digial River. I wouldn't be surprised if they sent out some email BS saying the figure was further delayed till the end of November.
    #thanksObama

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  15. Alluro Fan

Alluro Fan Glass Walker

November 1st and still nothing. They better tell us something by the 10th, otherwise they'll want to renew us again before we even get the 2nd figure! If that were to happen, then I quit. There are other toy lines that I want to invest money in and I am stuck setting money aside for this subscription line that we are left in the dark about more often than not.

16. luketommo2

luketommo2 Vortex Explorer

The only way to find out would be to email mattycollector and find out.
    It just looks like a mess at the moment

17. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I didn't get charged for Lion-O until October 3rd. I assume Jackalman will get charged on the 3rd as well.

18. blackiecats

Knowing the whole year is delayed, it's baffling why they didn't change the figures release and day of sale to the beginning of each month. At least then the wait isn't that long between the pre-authorisation and charge/shipping. I've never understood why the figures have to be released on the 15th every month. More so when they haven't even arrived by that date!

19. blackiecats

Someone on he-man.org has contacted Digital River (Escalations department) and the figures were on their way to the DR warehouse late last week. They said Jackalman should start shipping by the end of this week.

Roadpigjohn likes this.
  20. Thunderpants

Thunderpants Junior Member

Betting on that DR can't shut down at the end of the year like they want to, as they'll have outstanding business.