Jaga & Grune Prototypes revealed at PowerCon '18

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Ianm1225, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

Per Pixel Dan, Mattel showed up to the Powercon with Jaga and Grune classics figures and says that there are things in the works!!!!

Daremonger and The All American like this.
  2. Mumm-Ra

Mumm-Ra Glass Walker

Images from Pixel Dan sneak peak.

Pixel Dan announcement video.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Plun-Darr Legend

At last my dreams are coming true!!!!!

4. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Ever since Toys R Us went out of business, companies like Mattel are hurting financially and really want to push certain licenses now to ensure consumers busniess!
    All in all this could be great news but with the Funko Thundercats line coming out, I really don't know what line to invest in without the fear of cancellation of figures!

:panthro

Daremonger likes this.
  5. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Glad I didn't sell mine off now!

The All American likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Jaga and Grune look very nice. Hopefully Super 7 can re-release the figures Mattel released and I really hope improve some of the faults with the figures like Pumyra's and Lion-O's height.

7. Sebastiaan

I
    I highly doubt S7 will get involved when Mattel will be releasing these. I think we may get a Lion-O in a different format later but again it all depends on what they have planned. Let's wait and see what is revealed today in their panel.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That would be pretty cool if it's Mattel releasing them.

9. The All American

The All American Junior Member

I just have to say how happy I was to wake up to this news.

Big thanks to a certain executive at Warner Brothers who made this happen. Without him listening, we would not be back here. What a great day for ThunderCats Classic fans, and ThunderCats fans in general! We finally will have a legitimate chance to have an updated complete line. The future is exciting!

I also want to extend my thanks to all fellow fans who did not give up on this. It's that clear evidence of the passion that I sent to right person at WB, and they apparently heard it loud and clear!

Daremonger likes this.
  10. Sebastiaan

Yes thank you for your efforts in this! Soon we will have these to add:
    [​IMG]

11. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I'm most definitely happy about this news. :)

Sebastiaan and The All American like this.
  12. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

You're welcome. Let's keep on making our voices heard.

Sebastiaan and The All American like this.
  13. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Berbill

I can't think of any better news to hear this weekend. I really hope we get some solid news out of Power Con.

14. AutobotC5

AutobotC5 Junior Member

This is great news! However, just a reminder that 4H had these protos worked up and ready before Mattel dropped the hammer on the line the first time. I.e., these protos have been around for a while, so it's not exactly something new-new. If Mattel really DOES move forward with this, my guess is that they will likely work up some kind of 2-pack of these for release around Xmas or early next year. Working under that assumption that Mattel will move forward, we would likely see the remaining "core" characters in proto form at Toy Fair, for release sometime mid-2019. After that...no guesses. Altho, I'd venture a guess that we will see an "Evil Lion-O", since that's an easy repaint...possibly even an "Evil Panthro"

Thinking more about it though, it would be really cool if they managed to do a full assortment (6 figures) after this Jaga/Grune set, with BAF parts to make a correctly-sized Ever-Living Mumm-Ra. :biggrin

15. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Berbill

Agreed. I'm incredibly excited by trying to temper that UNTIL we get an actual announcement. We knew these 2 were in the works a long time ago, so it makes sense they'd be the ones to show, but I need some real info to really seal the deal. Frankly I just don't trust Mattel anymore, lol.

AutobotC5 and Booshman like this.
  16. AutobotC5

AutobotC5 Junior Member

It'll be interesting to hear Mattel reveal their "plans" for moving the TCC line forward. Overall, I see Mattel (and Hasbro) headed in this "made-to-pre-order/kickstarter"-style model for specialized runs of product like this (i.e., I expect that to be how this line is continued). That method would make the most sense, really...fans would essentially vote with their dollars as to which characters get made. Less waste overall that way, in both development AND production. Or they may go with the Super7 "pre-orders only" model and have an assortment. We shall see.

As for trusting Mattel again, I'm willing to be open to them trying something again, if it appears they learned their lessons from how the Matty thing all went down.

17. Sebastiaan

I honestly hope it will be the same model as S7. I will gladly fork out the dough to get 4 confirmed figs at once than see a proto and then never have it come to fruition.

18. 13977

13977 Junior Member

This is excellent news! I'm so happy this line could be returning. Best news from Power-Con for me.
    Jaga and Grune were the two figures I wanted most from wave 1 and was really disappointed when they were cut, so even if it was just those two I'd be happy but if we're getting even more then thats amazing!

Sebastiaan likes this.
  19. sandrockgundam0

sandrockgundam0 Berbill

Pixel Dans interview with Mattel:

I'm still really excited for what may come, but as I thought, they have no true "plans" to share yet. This was just a teaser of "we're trying to figure out how to make this work, we want to do this, etc". Oh well, I remain hopeful, this is more news than anyone expected to get anyway, lol.
    Maybe we'll get some news at Toy Fair? Seems like the best place for it, anyway.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    Daremonger likes this.
  20. Sebastiaan

I don't think we'll hear anything until ToyFair or even NYCC. But the most important thing is: THEY WANT TO CONTINUE THUNDERCATS CLASSICS!!! Sorry I just had to shout it from the rooftops. And like he said the fans will make all the difference if they support this.