Jaga & Grune Prototypes revealed at PowerCon '18

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Ianm1225, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Another solid video from the great Pixel Dan. :)

The All American likes this.
  2. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

"The burden's going to be on the collectors". So no change there then. People went out of their way to support this before and got shafted. Hopefully it's different this time.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  3. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

this is great news!

The All American and Sebastiaan like this.
  4. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

From what I understood they went in full speed ahead but the "cancellation" was corporate pulling the plug. We all know there was some major changes in Mattel during that time too. So it makes sense that they didn't expect it and just had to go with it. But couldn't say anything and tried to get S7 involved but that didn't work out. I think the new toon and the closure of TRU as well as the fan demand for this line meant they took this as an opportunity to continue with what they wanted to and originally set out to do. Believe me I'm not pleased it was stopped then but am happy it can continue. I wish Mattel every success with getting the logistics sorted. All I want to #tellmattel is that I want more ThunderCats and they can milk me for any variant possible - I just want more! #wewantmorethundercats Anyway I do hear what you are saying Booshman and understand your concerns. I think it is interesting that they're asking the fans to become vocal (despite us being vocal the last 2 years!!!)

5. Berserker

Berserker Glass Walker

I agree, haven’t we shouldered the burden and proven we want these figures since this line was announced? All the petitions, emails to WB executives and hashtags. We want this line!!! Don’t get me wrong I’m super happy we got some solid news, I was giving up hope until Jaga and Grune were shown. I’m cautiously excited. Part of me thinks that they wouldn’t show these and get people all excited if there wasn’t a plan that they just couldn’t reveal yet. Then I remember how they abruptly cancelled the line and left us hanging.

6. Aluro

Aluro Active Member

I will happily buy every figure and variant they make if Mattel plan to continue this line .... just as Sebastian said - they can milk me for every figure and variant possible....

I'm so tired of statues and silly little bobble heads and minifigues ...... not interested in any of that nonsense.... but I'll happily support mattels figures as to me they are the best thundercats figures we have had thus far ...

Ianm1225 and Sebastiaan like this.
  7. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

Agree with you there Aluro. Sure the wave 1 figs had their issues but personally they are as close to the cartoon as you can ever get. I won't complain about Wilykat's orange sleeve anymore.... as long as they empty my bank account haha

8. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Moleman

I'm all in too - never had much interest in Funko or any of that other Tcats stuff coming out. I hope they don't do a ton of varients (besides maybe young Lion-o, Ghost Jaga, Pumm-ra or stuff of that nature), but again, I'd buy it all regardless! If anyone isn't big on the social media stuff, here is Mattel's address for snail mail:
    Mattel, Inc.
    333 Continental Boulevard
    El Segundo, CA 90245-5012

Sebastiaan likes this.
  9. Cheetoro

Cheetoro Glass Walker

Dear god there is hope. I agree that hopefully they would never show such things if there wasn't something imminent. These two look great. I will fully support any line up! I had just packed my figures away, assuming this was officially dead forever and I wouldn't have any more to display. To be wrong on that would be wonderful.

Sebastiaan and Roadpigjohn like this.
  10. Roadpigjohn

Roadpigjohn Laser Beast

Glad to see Mattel showing up these prototypes.
    I will not expect any release of new figures until 2019 or 2020 so on the mean time I will collect the new 5 inch Thundercats line from Funko...

11. Serval

Serval Crabman

Great to have Jaga in any form, especially since the Icon Heroes version got canned...but will 4H continue to update the Jaga prototype like they did with Lion-O and Pumyra? It seems to be missing some details here and there...