James McAvoy wants to be in ThunderCats movie!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by T-Cat, Oct 6, 2013.

1. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

James must be a "ThunderCats" fan then.

3. hammy0924

hammy0924 Ultimate No-Life

Your powers of deduction are flawless.
    Merged Post:
    And I'm just going to go ahead and say that every fan-made trailer I've seen has been laughable at best. I don't think a ThunderCats movie would be any good at all regardless of what big name actors they throw in it. The best chance they had of giving the franchise new life was the new series and it ultimately did not work.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If they got the right people to work on the movie,ideally a competent writer and director who understand the OS, it could be really good.
    The NS was a bad enough mess....I would rather they just left the franchise alone than make another mess of it like those awful Transformers and G.I. Joe movies.

5. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

+1. I want a fresh new director and cast. The Tron Legacy director should helm the project and Kevin Grevioux as Panthro would be a good start.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  6. hammy0924

The main problem here is nostalgia. If you get someone who loved the OS a little too much to direct/write/etc. I'm afraid it couldn't be taken seriously as a live-action movie. Overall, I don't think the OS (or NS, but that's a different story) in general would be a good movie because the aspects of it are far too childish to be on the big screen. Children's cartoon? Of course. Live-action blockbuster? No.

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I understand what you are saying but how seriously can any big action blockbuster be taken? I must admit I don't know if I would want the Thundercats to be done in live action. An animated movie by all means. Mainly due to designs and costumes etc they would probably try to 'ground' it to make it more believable and rob it of any of its appeal like the Nolan Batman movies, Man of Steel, X-men, G.I. Joe and Transformers.

8. hammy0924

Exactly. What the live-action aspect will do is just ruin everything that made it what it was. The OS wasn't meant to be some ultra-realistic scifi thing. It was just a fun kids' show. Because of that, I don't believe it should ever be tried to be made into a movie. And like I said, it's just a few people with a ton of nostalgia that want a movie that will ultimately either cater to them to the point where general audiences lose interest or it will be aimed at general audiences so much that fans will just get upset.

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

They should just concentrate on an animated movie or a new TV show....even use the movie to launch a new series.
    I really don't want Thundercats to end up like Transformers and G.I. Joe....and probably Ninja Turtles.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  10. hammy0924

I agree. If they really want the franchise to continue, an animated movie would be good, but they'd have to completely re-imagine it and not base it off the NS. I feel the same as far as it ending up like G.I. Joe and Transformers if it was live-action.

11. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Why don't you want the Thundercats franchise to end up like the ninja turtles? Its the second most beloved franchise next to star wars and star trek IMO!

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I mean the upcoming TMNT movie Michael Bay is directing. It will more than likely end up the same as the Transformers movies he directed.

13. hammy0924

If you're thinking absolute crap then I agree.

14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That's exactly what I am thinking.

15. kittenmeow

kittenmeow Junior Member

I hope Michael Bay doesn't get wind of this series.

16. Daremonger

Me too, yo.

17. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

And he'd like to play Tygra :thumbsup:

18. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Saw this on twitter: (Take it for what it's worth)

Sancho ‏@EwanMitchell Jul 23
    Ewan McGregor auditioning for a part in the new Thundercats movie! #Hooooo

@EwanMitchell for such a pretty boy he looked very average!
    Reply Retweet

19. Daremonger

My gut's telling me that this may be a joke.

20. KosmoKat

KosmoKat Junior Member

Seems like joke to me too dude. Don't think there's gonna be a Thundercats movie anytime soon. And Mcgregor seems very unlikely to be one if it were ever made.