Jim Lee's Lion-O Colored

Discussion in 'Fan Art & Customs' started by paddavis, Jul 18, 2007.

1. paddavis

paddavis New Member

Chris (He-Fan) asked me to post this here...I originally posted this over at he-man.org...

Lion-O

Well...I had time over the weekend to work on my coloring skills again...

I found Jim Lee's cover art of Lion-O over at the Thundercats Lair. This is an awesome piece, IMO, so I wanted to see it in color...
    I hope my lack of practice and talent did it justice... I like his work, from what I've seen so far. I'm not THAT familiar with all the comic artists, so apologies for my lack of knowledge.

Credits for the artwork:
    Pencilled by: Jim Lee
    Inked by: Sandra Hope
    From the collection of: Albert Moy
    (I posting in good faith that, if Albert Moy is the owner, he'll let me post this!!)

ANY comments are welcome...good or bad... :)

cheers

2. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

It's always very good to see such talented people like yourself and your painting, being humble! :)

Good work and keep them coming! I loved this one!

3. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

It's beautiful!:cheetaraveryhappy:

4. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Awesome, fantastic to see this over here too - thank you so much for posting it up! :)

I actually think your version is much nicer than the colourised version that made it to print:

[​IMG]

Take care... :)

5. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Wow

The eyes, the hair, the jewels on the shield claw... just fantastic!

I agree with Chris, FAR better than the actual cover that was produced. Love your work.

6. saltygirl

saltygirl Crabman

i agree w/ both chris & grizz. your colors are vibrant & awesome, dude.

i'm jealous. >:(

7. paddavis

paddavis New Member

Thanks for all the compliments.

I'm glad you like it...'cause I really enjoyed coloring this.

till later...

8. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Can we see more. What you have done with it is outsanding. I think the artist that drew it would be proud of your work

9. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

Amen to "can we see more" - I'd love to see you tackle some of the other stuff in our Original Comic Art Gallery! :)

EDIT: I'd also add that we have a Board here too for non-ThunderCats-related artwork, so anything you fancy to post up, I'm sure we'd all of us love to see it! :)

Take care... :)

10. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

On a side note I have always wanted for someone to tackle the animation guide sheets that could be seen here: http://www.thundercatslair.org/cartoon/animationart/production/guidesheets/index.html

There is some cool images that would look superb if they were colored. I think lots of people would be excited to see those colored.

On a side note paddavis if you are going to contribute more art we can give you your own sub-forum so your art can be easily tracked and more organized for you and for members to look it up

11. Jukka

Jukka Junior Member

Oh definitely André's version is better, now that I actually see the original colours. They don't have even a good mood in it....