Kinetiquettes ThunderCats Statues

Discussion in 'Statues' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Its always great to hear about new Thundercats merchandise, but not sure I really want to invest in any statues. Why is it so hard to get nice action figures?

3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

It appears the people of Kinetiquettes are "ThunderCats" fans themselves.

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

A part of me would like to think this is an early April fools joke. Another company gets the license to make more statues!:confused::eek:
    Does anyone really need or want more Thundercats statues?
    https://imgflip.com/i/jjxnt

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  5. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Kinetiquettes ThunderCats Dioramas

https://www.facebook.com/kinetiquet...7045090701962/841619249244544/?type=1&theater

"Designed in our usual dynamic style, we are working on some truly epic dioramas based off this beloved 80s classic.

The series holds a special place in our hearts and we hope to do it justice by bringing these awesome characters back. Not only are we making the characters in action poses, but also subtly re-designing them, which we hope fans of the series will appreciate.

More details will be shared soon! :) "

http://www.kinetiquettes.com/
    Check their site to see their prior works.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=149932
    They also posted on the statue forum.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  6. Daremonger

It's a little shocking that another company bought out the license, but anything's better than nothing. :)

7. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Vortex Explorer

Why do companies want to keep producing statues, dioramas, stuffed plush toys, mini toys....we want action figures.....6 inch scale.....geez.....what's next thundercats toilette seat covers....:mad:

8. Daremonger

A line of "ThunderCats Classic" action figures doesn't seem to be the norm these days.

9. MXTHUNDERCAT

dont get me wrong i will buy whatever thundercats thing they make...but it seems like companies try to re-invent the wheel with thundercats......kinda like with the cartoon.....thundercats rock band...just make action figures that the fans want....stop it with lego size and statues....

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I don't really collect anything at the moment but any of the properties I am interested in like Thundercats, Bravestarr, MOTU, Transformers, TMNT, M.A.S.K., Star Wars and kind of Marvel/DC I would have no interest in buying statues based on any of them just figures.

11. Daremonger

Maybe companies today who buy the "ThunderCats" license won't make action figures because they either feel it's beneath them or because they're afraid to try.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  12. MXTHUNDERCAT

I think overall tc fans have made it pretty clear we are really only interested in an action figure line....everything else is....ok...but as complental merchandise....in the last years I've seen all kinds of tc statues, gigantic statues....porcelain, pvc, Christmas ornaments, Lego size...etc.....all great, but I'm getting tired of beating around the bush.....if ure gonna make tc stuff make action figures....NO MORE tc crap....

13. Daremonger

And said action figure line should be cartoon-accurate and have good articulation.

14. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

A license to make 6-8 inch action figures is much more expensive than a license to make statues. Action figure licenses like the one Bandai acquired also require certain minimum production quantities.

As it stands now most toy companies don't see those minimum quantity requirements being met by market demand. So nobody is venturing in to produce the action figures we would like to see, especially without a show or movie on the horizon to support sales.

I'm personally very jazzed that we're seeing three licenses for ThunderCats (Kinetiquettes, Mezco megascale, PrototypeZ kits). A couple of months ago we only had PrototypeZ Studios who sadly seem to have made no progress in ages on their line.

15. Daremonger

All we got from PrototypeZ were pictures of the CG Lion-O model.

16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I understand what you are saying. But look at what Toynami did with 'Thundarr the Barbarian' several years ago. There is a show that never had any toys originally and had no media presence at all in over two decades then in 2004 (a few years before Mattel did MOTUC) Toynami released their Thundarr figures and they sold quite well.
    Thundarr has a far smaller fan base than Thundercats. But Toynami took a chance and produced some amazing high quality figures of the three main characters and they sold quite well. But Thundercats is an iconic pop culture show of the 80's. So in comparison it is beyond me why no company is willing to take the risk to make a proper action figure line for Thundercats.

17. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

At this point I will take Mezco One Scale 1:12 line of ThunderCats figures for $65 per figure ( if made). I have high hopes that they will do these figures in waves.

18. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

I really want action figures, but the idea of statue dioramas also appeals to me. And after seeing pics of some of their Final Fantasy dioramas, I was looking forward to ThunderCats dioramas.

Click to enlarge images

[​IMG]

But after seeing their teaser pic which was posted today on Statue Forum, I am disappointed. It is classic ThunderCats reimagined. If no classic look, then I have pretty much no interest in this.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=149932

" Sneak peak! Would love to know what you guys think :) "

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  19. Daremonger

That Lion-O drawing looks similar to 2011 Lion-O. I like it very, very much. :)

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I will say it looks a better design than the 2011 series.
    But marketing wise I wonder why they are calling it Thundercats Classics when they are not based on the classic series? :confused::eek: