Last of Their Kind?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Lion-O-hearted, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Lion-O-hearted

Lion-O-hearted Junior Member

Has anybody noticed that some of the main characters seemed to be the last living member of their respective clans? Lion-O is the only remaining lion after Claudus was killed. Tygra remained after his clan was wiped out by disease. Cheetara’s backstory seems to infer that she is the only one left. As for Panthro, who knows?

2. srebak

srebak Laser Beast

I'd like to think there are still other lions and tigers and cheetahs still about, just not as high in the hierarchy as the main cast, if that makes sense.

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I never really noticed that. We see many other Thunderians but in general they are portrayed in a generic way without reference to their type. Are we to think that the Thundercats are "purebred" whereas the others are somewhat crossbreed sir mutts? If so, Bengali was going to be the child of Tygra and Cheetara so I guess that would put him in the latter.

4. grumpykat

grumpykat Active Member

I noticed this as well during my first time watch back on CN.
    As for the Thundercats being "purebred" while the rest of cat society being generic/mutts, seeing the direction the reboot took this made sense to me; there was a class distinction in Thunderian society between the elites and the plebes - between the tailed and non-tailed cats.

Even the original series made a quick reference in the first episode: between the nobles - Lion-O, Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro and the rest WilyKit/Kat.