Later season musings

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by Captain Shiner, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Could you imagine how good the cartoon and toys would have been had a new batch of more menacing Mutants arrived instead of the Lunatacks.
    New Mutants would have been great for the toy collection.
    If they had made figures of the Lunatacks I really don't imagine they would have sold that well. Aside from being awful boring characters their designs were really terrible. The only one with any real toy potential were Tug Mug and Red Eye (LJN did make a prototype) due to an action feature but aside from that I dont know if the rest of their design would have made fans want the toys.
    Chilla's design was kind of cool and she could have worked as just a villain on Third Earth but like Alluro, Luna and Amok I really dont think she would have had an interesting action feature. But then again LJN did make a Luna Lasher (even though it didn't appear in the cartoon) and planned on making the Lunatacker vehicle (prototype in catalogue).

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I imagine the Luna-Lasher being a third vehicle for the Lunataks besides the Luna-Tacker and Ice-Runner -- a burgundy-black-dark grey futuristic, steampunk-like design with the toy's features and then some.

3. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

It's not like they were running out of animals to base mutants on.