Lets start a Twitter trend!

Discussion in 'Mezco and Bandai Toys' started by T-Cat, Jun 8, 2013.

1. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Good morning all! Lets help put those dreams into reality...

Does anybody on this forum have skills in creating a fan made website that takes donations to potentially buy the license from WB?

I'm envisioning the website to be like "ToonamiAftermath" cross with what Matthew Mercer's girlfriend getting endless amounts of signatures for ThunderCats S2.

The goal is to let our voices be heard!

2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Try a Kickstarter maybe?

3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Kickstarter's a good start.

4. I believe what we need is a website which can accept legitimate pre-orders. Here is what i was thinking at least 3 figures should be marketed for thundercats commemorative series in the first run.

1) Lion O Orange Hair 8 back
    2) Mummra 8 back
    3) Panthro 8 back

Idea, is to have at least 2500 orders for each figure at $27/piece. If we can demonstrate that we have total of 2500 orders for each piece then we can get some serious attention.

Comments/Suggestions?

5. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Before pricing or figuring out which figures you want to make, you guys might want to find out how much the license would cost or if it's even for sale. And also find out what the production costs would be. Marketing costs. etc. etc. etc.

6. I can tell this to produce exact replica will not be too expensive. (Mould etc possibly between 500-1000). Obviously, key is licensing. One possible approach is to demonstrate the potential/strength in the line which is what we can show through a petition of maybe 2500 users.

Again, Mattel just did it with its Grayskull.

7. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

That idea is brilliant! This forces WB had to get things rolling for fans high demand of figures...but then again why wait on WB when we can take share of the whole ThunderCats license through kickstarter"? Obviously we would have to elect a leading chairman to be head of the main decisions based on the overall suggestions/votes from the main audience.

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

You do realise even if you guys did manage to get enough cash to purchase said licence, WB would probably still not sell it.

A petition seems a good enough idea to get some figures made......but we all know how much interest WB has in petitions.

9. if not this then what other option we have

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I don't know, but after the failure of the 2011 line, it's obvious WB will be cautious....although the 2011 line's failure was down to their own poor decision making.

Another huge point to take into consideration is the tooling costs for each figure. It's all well and good people saying they want Thundercats figures in the MOTUC style, but the tooling costs for Thundercats would be far more expensive. MOTUC follow the 80's formula of mixing and matching body parts. Basically every MOTU was the same with a few different pieces from other figures, with a few exception figures. Thundercats on the other hand all had unique one off sculpts for every different figure.

Unless WB get Mattel, Playmates, Hasbro or Diamond Select to go all out and make some proper Classics figures there is no point.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  11. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I saw on twitter that WB has new leadership for their studio...hopefully that means positive things going forward for any WB franchise!

12. Daremonger

I certainly hope "ThunderCats" is part of it. ^_^

13. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I hope so. Thundercats is too great of a franchise to languish!

14. Daremonger

I'd love for WB to do something actually productive with the brand. They've owned the rights to it since 1989, and next year will be their 25th anniversary of buying it out.

15. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Interesting! Lately all I been hearing since the popularity of "Man Steel" WB has been green lightning movies with more confidence...I still wonder about how quick WB were to release the potential 2010 film without a lot of fans approval!
    :
    IMO it was going to be good but not great, I rather wait for a better product!

16. Daremonger

Me, too. :)

17. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

18. Daremonger

An interesting press release.