Lion-O concept art

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by balgus82, Oct 1, 2014.

1. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I actually like Dave's take on the Lord of the ThunderCats.

3. matius

matius Junior Member

He looks like an old man. :eek:

The skirt is the worst part of that design. United States has become too prude. I like the design of the original series and I see no reason for such political correctness.

4. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

Wow..that looks great. The gauntlet is a cool addition as well. Thanks for posting this balgus82.

I always thought for the movie if they had Lion-O wear pants or even somewhat like tight three fourths pants, I would be fine with it. Dave tweaked the shorts design and made it more presentable.

It worked for the movie 300, but light blue colored shorts in a live action movie wouldn't translate well. Some artistic liberties can be taken during an adaptation.

5. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Thanks for the heads up balgus, I've updated the front page and our social media outlets with the news.

Really brilliant artwork, I've been engorging my eyes on Dave's other art projects.

6. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

If this art was for the suppose to be movie in 2010, then it would have been way better than what we originally saw.

7. sharamordinae

sharamordinae New Member

Love this artwork. This is my fav character

8. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Makes me think of Brad Pit as Lion-O in the Wormy TV fan trailer, with the hair like that and the armor.

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Far better than the awful 2011 design of Lion-O.

10. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

This is a pretty nice design. I am not overly fond of the skirt portion but I do enjoy how he stayed pretty true to the original with a few needed updates.

11. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

I actually like this design. Pretty cool.

12. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

So do I, my friend. :)