Lion-O for Cereal:Geek -magazine :)

Discussion in 'Fan Art & Customs' started by Jukka, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Jukka

Jukka Junior Member

Hope I wasn't too misleading with the title.

This was the Lion-O image Boo drew and I coloured for Cereal:Geek-magazine issue #1 but it was left out in the final editing-process. (James had a gazillion artworks to use for the first issue and some great ones ended up there, while couple were left to the drawing-board)

[​IMG]

In case anyone is interested... I have worked on more images with Boo for for upcoming Cereal:Geek #2 ;)

2. Jukka

Jukka Junior Member

Mumm-Ra by Boo which also got edited out from the final edition of Cereal:Geek #1.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  3. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Wow dude that is an insanely good Mumm-Ra... it is reminiscent of Sam Keith's work on The Maxx.

Really awesome use of lighting and I love how Mumm-Ra's one eye is brighter than the other. Reminds me of the dramatic Prairie Dog!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHjFxJVeCQs

Can't wait to see this in issue # 2 of cereal:geek

btw... you'll be seeing some of my production art pieces in the next issue too!

4. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

As always, Jukka, I love the work you do - I've been a fan of yours for years as you know! Hard to believe it's nearly 7 years since I first saw your art online! :)

Take care... :)

5. Jukka

Jukka Junior Member

Been quite the heck of a 7 year itch so far. ;)

6. saltygirl

saltygirl Crabman

aww man! both pieces are awesome. it's a shame they got cut from the final edition. but did ANY tcat art get put into it?

7. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

The drawing is beautifully colorized. Magnificent! But Lion-O looks a bit too charactured for my taste.:bengali:

8. Jukka

Jukka Junior Member

There's a lovely piece of Cheetara with the evil ice-lady (who's name I totally forget) and one of Lion-O with a great red ambience....and a spread of b&w drawings.... You ought to buy the first issue. There are still couple copies left and the price isn't all that high, considering it spans the shipping costs as well. ;)

9. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

The evil ice lady is called Chilla. :)

10. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

I picked up the first issue and loved it. It is totally worth the purchase, and has quite a lot of TCats goodies in it. Next episode will have some content that was contributed by this very site!

There is a tongue in cheek article written about why ThunderCats sucked, which is of course completely laughable cause everyone knows its the best show ever!

James who is pulling the magazine together is doing a bang up job of creating a beautiful magazine full of original content that is both a tribute to the original works, but at the same time is a reinvention of our favourite shows. Altogether a compelling quarterly read to any 80s animation fan.

11. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

I like that Mumm-Ra..