List of Toyline

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Joseph Williams, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Joseph Williams

Joseph Williams Junior Member

Readers/Collectors

Im looking for a full list of the toys that were released by Bandai. I found a list on another site, but there are a few things missing. If yall could help me out by filling in the missing ones i would greatly appreciate it. I have been an avid collector of all things TC...Ive reached the point where im not onto 2011 series. Ive managed to collect alot of them, but after reading into alot of the forums here i feel like i may be missing a few....any help yall have and can offer would be Amazing! Thanks Yall!!

Heres the link i have been using to search for the toyline.
    https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure?action=seriesitemlist&id=1312

2. ButterflyBoy

ButterflyBoy Thunderian Legend

Here is what jumps out at me as "missing" from the above link:

- Larger role-play Sword of Omens (I'm not sure if this was called "deluxe" or not)
    - Tiger Flyer and Tygus(sp?) 4" figure with vehicle
    - The set of SD style mini-figures (not positive but I think there were 8 in the pack)
    - There was also a Japanese convention exclusive "evil Lion-O" that was a repaint of the classic 8" mold

Joseph Williams likes this.
  3. Joseph Williams

yes i have managed to acquire the *Deluxe* Sword of Omens, and the Flying Tiger with the Tygus Character, and yes the Japanese convention version, he was Red. i have 2 of him actually. hes fighting the SDCC exclusive weird shiny painted version like they fought in the episode *Fond memories*

Really!?! an 8 pack....gonna have to look for that one. Thanks for the Reply ButterflyBoy!

4. Joseph Williams

i was sad they never made any of the mutants except Slithe. hes rare to find and when you do hes pricey. there is currrently one on ebay for 300 bucks.
    They never made Jaga either. He shoulda been in the first group released.

5. ButterflyBoy

My apologies, I just looked to be sure and it was a 6 pack. You can see it here.
    https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Thundercats-Stylized-Deformed-Collector/dp/B006YRAT7M

6. ButterflyBoy

All those figures had molds ready to go. Unfortunately, the first set of toys just didn't sell. It was so sad. Trust me, my wallet and I did our part to help move the toys in my area but it clearly wasn't enough.

7. Joseph Williams

man....that makes my heart hurt. Before the show aired, they interview, Will, Matt and Kevin while they were in the studio recording, and just the look on Wills face when he went into the booth to do ThunderCats Hoooo for the first time was just pure joy and excitement and that just pumped me up sooooo much more for the show. and then to hear that it was cancelled after 1 season was just gut wrenching. Dont get me wrong, i will be 80s ThunderCats till i die. Currently marathoning them now for like...the millionth time. lol Just got done with VultureMans Revenge

Thank You for finding that 6 pack. I had found that one before. Just workin on the funds now to acquire the last few pieces i need. Ive been talking to a proxy buyer to get ahold of the Panthro RolePlay Nunchucks. I can only find them on MercadoLibre, but since im in the states i needed to find a buyer who would be willing to ship them here...Thanks to Tone, i was able to do that.

8. Joseph Williams

Here is the Youtube video in case you were curious or havent seen it.

9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Such a shame the planed second series of toys didn't get released. Kannar, Adicus, Pumyra, 6" Grune, Classics Panthro and Cheetara etc.

10. Joseph Williams

Those wouldve been amazing to just see finished. It woulda been nice to have all 3 mutants.

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The 6" Grune looked amazing. Bandai a pretty good job on 6" figures. That is the scale all of the figures should have been instead of all the different scales.

12. Joseph Williams

yeah they went all over the place, Classic Liono, Mumm Ra, and Tygra were 8, they have a bunch of 6's some 4's, and the SD ones were 3' yeah? somethin around there.

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Classics 8" Lion-O & Tygra then they switched to 6" for Classics Lion-O (angry expression) and Mumm-Ra to match the 2011 Collecters 6" figures. The 4" basic and deluxe figures were okay but the magnetic gimmick was pointless and didn't really add any real playability to the figures.

14. Joseph Williams

I totally agree. I didnt even know what *ThunderLynx* was at first. haha i like the paint scheme on Mumm-Ra but the fact he has no cape just the mummy rags u hang off him, is just a bizarre choice. I wasnt excited when i saw that.

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yeah he really should have had his cape and Sword of Plundarr.

16. Joseph Williams

I assume youve seen the Mattel Mumm-Ra where he is in Mummy form?? i wasnt to happy with him either....looks great, he had his staf...but the choice to have the sword put away was kind of off putting....ive seen the SavageLands Mumm-Ra with the giant Sword and lookin mean and ready for battle, so it was strange that Mattel chose to go the other way with the sword....but i guess becuz he's in Mummy form instead of Ever-Living? I dunno..

17. Joseph Williams

I should probably post this question somewhere else as now were leaving the intended *Question* to the forum page.....but have you or anyone else heard about who is on the hunt to pick up and start making a Classic Line again?? The one thing ive always hoped for from a classic line.....Lunataks. Ive seen the LJN prototype of Red-Eye. But thats as far as I got

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I wasn't overly happy with the Mattel Classics for various reasons.
    As for the future of the line it is really hard to know. There are rumours Mattel are working on bringing it back and may have something to show at SDCC. It would get cool if they continued the line and fixed the issues but personally I would like another company to take over. But the silence with no information from Mattel is really frustrating.