Looking for an old fanfiction

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Fan-Fiction' started by HillsHollow, Aug 7, 2011.

1. HillsHollow

HillsHollow Vortex Explorer

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this one.

I'm looking for an old Thundercat fan fiction. It was one of the very first ones I ever read WAY back when.

I can't remember much about it except Lion-O is really ill with a very high fever and I think it was Tygra that actually hacks off most of his mane to as one of the means to help try to help bring his temp down.

Does anyone remember the name of it or where I can find it?

Thanks!

Hills

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  2. RDRivero

RDRivero Junior Member

sounds like something I would have written except I didn't :P

well Tygra would have been cutting off something else...not necessarily on Liono either

3. HillsHollow

HillsHollow Vortex Explorer

LOL! Damn.

As for the second comment-- I really don't want to know. :D

This fan fic was very medically accurate.

The writer knew things like high fevers can make hair thin and fall out in clumps. I think they had a thing against Lion-O's mane. Between Tygra hacking at it to try to thin it out to bring down his temp. It was falling out in clumps too. At the end Snarf was taking some clippers to see what he could salvage of it. :D

4. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

If you've read "By the Shores of Silver Lake" by Laura Ingalls Wilder, her older sister Mary's hair was cut very short to try and bring down her fever. It was also a common practice to put someone in a tub of ice to bring down the fever faster.

5. Nine Tiger

Nine Tiger Great Void Dweller

Check the archive :) a likely spot. or Fan Fiction Net

http://www.thundercatsfans.org/tcfans/fanfiction/index

MGP

6. Cougara

Cougara Junior Member

I do not know the name of the fan fiction or it's author sadly, but I do recall reading it myself.

The fever if I remember correctly was caused by the mutant's poisoning their water supply, and Lion-O and Tygra went to find the cure. I remember one part particularly well, when they finally got the cure and Cheetara rushed to Lion-O to give it to him he pushed it away.

He had her give it to the kittens first, and being so impressionable back then I kept that lesson with me to this day. I read that fic at least sixteen years ago, funny how one can remember some things and not others.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011