Looks like only 6 Thundercats in 2017

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Ianm1225, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Crabman

According to Matty's newest fan Q & A, the 2017 Thundercats sub will have 6 bi-monthly figures:
    The 2016 subscriptions were a great success. They had amazing new figure offers and great subscribers that made possible bringing everything to reality. For 2017, we want to continue the good work. In fact, we want to deliver better work. And in order to do so, we will continue the same format for MOTU as in 2016 (six bi-monthly figures plus a subscription exclusive figure). For Thundercats in 2017, we are adding two figures. So it will also be six bi-monthly figures plus a subscription exclusive figure. This does not account for any other release such as chase items, semi-annual items, convention exclusives, etc.
    I'm a bit disappointed as I was really hoping for a full year's subscription. It's going to take a very long time to get all of the figures we want at that rate! :cry

2. englishw

englishw Junior Member

I'm disappointed that we will get figures slower, but my wallet is very happy to hear it! If they are truly making them better by bringing them out slowly, I'm all for it!

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

As much as I would really like a full years sub as well, I am actually ok with this. It will help me to afford to sub again and hopefully they take their time in designing/producing the figures so we get the utmost quality!

mr freeze and englishw like this.
  4. Joa-O

Joa-O Active Member

I'm not happy about this, but I suspected it would happen. Hopefully they have two deluxe figures/items like MOTU, an out of sub offering (vehicle and figure), chase item/s and a SDCC exclusive. That could help move us along a little faster at least.

5. TCatsfan

TCatsfan Glass Walker

It is a bit disappointing that we won't get a full year's worth of figures but like the rest said. I am also okay with this. As long as we will be able to get our hands on the exclusives. I am just a bit worried as an International buyer that I will miss out on some figures making my collection incomplete.

mr freeze and englishw like this.
  6. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Absolutely fine by me! I'm in no hurry to get these figures AND it's wallet-friendly it is :)

englishw likes this.
  7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

This makes it a lot easier for me to not collect this line. The length of time it would take to complete the line was a major factor in my decision not to subscribe/collect the line and this really just confirms it. Disappointing news though for the people that want the figures.

8. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

Everyone else has echoed my thoughts. Having a 100% complete MOTUC collection, I'm glad not to have to go broke collecting stuff. :)

Gerrit likes this.
  9. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I agree 100%

10. Ianm1225

Ianm1225 Crabman

I guess my fear is that people will get impatient and start losing interest since we know that Matty will hold some of the A listers hostage for a few year. I don't want to see people get all man because a sub has someone like say Nayda or Quickpick but we don't have Tygra or Cheetara yet. Oh well though, it will be nice for the wallet for sure. Now I need to start exercising and eating healthier so I can stay alive for a few more years hahaha!

11. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

That's perfectly fine with me!

12. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i'am ok with this as long every effort is being made to make these figure's top notch . mine will be staying boxed so no big deal for me to wait .

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    ThunDerianRoyalGuard likes this.
  13. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

Very Disappointed.....although it is wallet friendly, it will take way too long to get all core characters and some of the secondary.....ill wait, subscribe,,,i just hope the interest doesn't go down and hurt the longevity of the line....i also wonder if superscription numbers weren't high enough to release a monthly figure

14. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

I don't think it will be too much of a problem and affect the line negatively. After all, we're all still hyped up and it's only March now - still months before the first figure gets released. Do you think that Grune and Jaga will still be part of the 2017 lineup as they mentioned before that they were moved over to the next lot. Or will that mean that they'll perhaps now become the SDCC exclusive?! I'm sad that it's only 6, but there is thankfully a greenlight that it will continue next year! So nay-sayers who doubted the line need not worry anymore. We've got 2017 confirmed. Yay!!!

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Six figures a year is very odd. Seems as if it is just being treated like a off shoot sub line of MOTUC than Thundercats. It will be interesting to see what the interest and sub numbers for 2017 will be like. If I recall correctly the Ghostbusters line was done some what similar with a small amount of figures each year and that didn't go extremely well.

16. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I think they are doing it so that the guys that buy MOTUC and TC's can afford it!

17. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i think grune and jaga will 100% be in the 2017 line up as they nearly made this years line up . so that is four figure's left plus the sub figure for next years line up .

18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Strange tactic especially since MOTUC has basically finished.

19. Lynxana

Lynxana Junior Member

It's not confirmed, they still have to sell enough 2017 subs in order for it to go through.

20. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Glass Walker

My wallet is happy, but I was hoping to get a full line up next year. I have no problem with the decision as long as the line stays alive for many years so I get ALL the Thundercat characters. The one plus I can see from this is more people can now afford the subscription that maybe could not before.
    :tygra:

ThunDerianRoyalGuard and adssse like this.