Looks like only 6 Thundercats in 2017

Discussion in 'Mattel ThunderCats Toys' started by Ianm1225, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Gerrit

Gerrit Berserker

I don't agree nor do I think it's strange ... MOTUC is long not done ... there are still plenty to come. And if you collect both MOTUC lines (collectors choice, and Club Grayskull) and then need to buy the new ThunderCats line ... I am sure your wallet will be happy. and you will be satisfied with plenty of figures for the year!

2. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

yeah, the word MOTUC is done, but the figures still have several more years to come. Its basically a slight rebranding and shift of characters. But still the same basic toy. It would be like if GI Joe renamed themselves, but continued to use the same molds with characters of the same universe. Its still GI Joe.

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Considering the mess Hasbro have lot G.I. Joe become that's probably not the best example LOL.

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I don't collect MOTUC but Tuskador and a few other are very tempting.

5. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

lol. maybe not. I don't collect GI Joe. so I really know nothing about the current stuff. Still have most everything from when I was a kid though. :)

Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I still have my two favourite figures fully complete from my childhood, Snake Eyes v.2 and Stormshadow v.2.
    Well after making great improvements and updating the standard buck of the original 80's figures for the 2002-2007 line so that they still interacted and worked with the older figures and vehicles they decided to make a full new buck. The new buck was started in the 25th Anniversary line in late 2007. The new buck had its good and bad points. The good being more articulation and more accessories, the bad being pretty poorly sculpted/engineered (barely any of them can stand properly aligned straight), not displaying well with the older figures, having different sized peg holes and being very fiddly. Basically what they gained in detail and articulation they lost in fun and playability. They also do not fit very well in the vehicles.
    They have kept using the 2007 buck for the 25th Anniversary line, the Retaliation line (based on short animated/web series), the Rise of Cobra movie, Pursuit of Cobra, Renegades cartoon series figures, Retaliation movie and 50th Anniversary (50th for G.I. Joe brand...25th was anniversary of the 3.75") line.
    Kids were not keen on the toys (or the movies...but they were kind of better than the Transformers ones) so they didn't sell well.
    The movies didn't exactly bring in a lot of new fans.
    In a stupid move they decided to not release Renegades toys in the shops while the cartoon was actually airing because obviously kids will rather get the figures when the series has ended.
    Hasbro also decided to stop releasing G.I. Joe in the UK after the failure of the first movie toys...so even if people did want Retaliation figures they couldn't have got them.
    Rant over.