Lordore's collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by Lordore, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I've been thinking to take off the plastic cover which is wrapped around the 'Eye of Thundera' at the sword's hilt. It's just that i want to have full sight of the Eye!!, but do you think it's going to be devalued if i decide on sending it for grading?:confused:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  2. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

I would think that since it is part of the packaging, that it will lose value if it is missing. But I have absolutely no experience with grading items...

3. wthompson

wthompson Crabman

I would leave it if you plan to part with it some day, it could end up being one of the few that has it intact and a real gem to someone that looks for details like that. Not so much grading something which is a whole other realm of collecting. To someone keeping it "original" may be worth more then inside a plastic case. Just a thought.

4. From one avid collector to another - DO NOT REMOVE IT:eek:

5. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Thanks for the advise guys, I've given it some thought and i think you are absolutely right. I was about to rip it off, but as you recommened it is a part of the packaging and it shouldn't be removed.
    I was wondering if the plastic cover was on every Sword Of Omens released back in the 80s?

You are probably right man, provided that the Figure subgrade doesn't exist(by Figure i mean the Sword assessed seperately). But unlike the Vehicles and Playsets in the Sword's case, the Sword is visible and not encased inside the Box.

I am searching on the AFA site for addtional information about how the Grading works to Boxed items. Logically, the subgrades Blister and Figure don't exist when assigning grades to a Sword. LordLionO's Sword only has an overall grade which i presume derives solely from assessing the condition of the Box/Card-back. I am not sure if the Figure subgrade exists when rating a Sword, otherwise it should appear on the grading sticker. Maybe the Swords alone are considerd Mint and this is why mainly the cardback is taken into consideration.

I've added one close-up shot of my Sword,
    I don't see any flaw that detracts from its overall eye appeal:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  6. This will see an AFA80 at the least, but I see no reason why this won't see an AFA85, we will just have to see, Mine will be going in as soon as it arrives, i am looking for AFA70-75 on it.

7. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

I'm glad you decided not to remove the plastic sheet. It is something thats part of the packages appeal and I'm sure to some extent it would have affected the grading process. Beautiful piece, I think it would also grade a solid 80 and maybe even an 85.

8. HaruYoshida

HaruYoshida New Member

This looks great!!!

Wow! Now that's what I'm calling a TC collector... Keep it up !!!:thumbsup:

9. thundergr

thundergr Junior Member

Great collection man! BTW being from the same country like you i had the same thundercats mardi gras outfit!

10. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Thanks man, i see the Greeks gradually start to invade the Lair:liono, that's great i hardly remember the origin of this costume. Do you have any particular info about it? like the company producing it? and why it featured a blue cape!!!?

11. thundergr

thundergr Junior Member

I really dont remember man..As a kid i never paid any attention to details like these..lol! However, you are right..The blue cape was really random..I do have a picture of me though with the exact same costume you had..I also remember that because i could not find the sword of omens i used my brown/golden
    he-man plastic sword to accompany the mardi gras outfit. Dont have a clue about the origin of these things..

12. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

It would be nice to share your pic wearing the old Lion-O costume with us! I did some searching on the net for this particular costume, to see if others fans from around the world had purchased it but with no luck.

Here is a blend of the Old and New Thundercats products placed in the Glass cabinet, i've manufactured the Ikea detolf in a way so it can fit the 32'' Lion-o:

[​IMG]

13. mcss aerocoupe

mcss aerocoupe Moderator

I would be worried about putting a big heavy statue like that on a glass shelf. At the moment, mine is on the bottom (wood base) of a display case. I would even have that fear with the HH statues.

14. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

aero, my friend you are right and I had second thoughts about placing Lion-o inside. This statue weighs 7 kg and is 34'' tall, according to the product's(Detolf) information the maximum load/shelf is 6 kg, also my original aim was to place in both Lion-o and Mumm-ra but they won't fit(Lion-o's sword is going to stick out). So i went to the smith and customized the horizontal steel bars on the two sides. I cut and placed two of them a few inches below. I asked him to cement the bars as strong as possible so as to hold the extra weight. I took the rest of them out, besides they aren't needed. Then i put two glass panels one on top of the other to support Lion-o's base. :thumbsup:

I believe it's pretty secure now and it displays nicely:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  15. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

It's been awhile since i last updated my collection showroom, well , I've narrowed down my list a bit but i've kept the best and rarest pieces!! Besides Thundercats is a never ending love for me.

My next purchase will be the Icon Heores Thundertank

Enjoy part of my collection, I've lit it up a bit:thumbsup::liono
    love it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  16. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I really like the way you've set up your collection, Lordore. :thumbsup: And the light on top of the figures gives them a very iconic and atmospheric look! Fantastic! :D

17. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Looks great! I really like how clean and organized the display is. It makes it easier to appreciate them.

18. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Very nicely displayed! Clean and museum quality worthy, thanks for the updates!

19. eternian phoeni

eternian phoeni Moleman

That is a PHENOMENAL display. I have my ikea display case sitting Unassembled this makes me want to set it up!

20. hdiddy8706

hdiddy8706 New Member

that is an awesome display