Mad Bubblers Collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by Mad Bubbler, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

EPIC COLLECTION!!!!! :thumbsup

2. ThunDerianRoyalGuard

ThunDerianRoyalGuard Site Admin TC.org Staff

Now this is indeed an epic collection! Impressive MOC catalog and all the odds and ends are right up my alley, but the Feliner is the crown-jewel!

Wilycub likes this.
  3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

What a wonderful collection. Words fail to describe how amazing it is.
    [​IMG]

4. Lord LionO

Lord LionO Mutant

Absolutely beautiful collection, so refreshing and so many goodies to look at!

5. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

Hey Guys,
    Thanks for all the kind words as always. At least once a day I find myself just standing in the middle of the room spinning in circles (sometimes drooling). I am surprised that I managed to have some empty shelf space for future additions.
    To answer a few of the questions:
    1) Manny = The Mad Bubbler (LJN prtotype) is still on my radar, the only reason I don't have it is because it came down to buying either 1 Bubbler or the Feliner and the Red eye together. I had to take the Feliner, it has always been a personal favourite of mine.
    2) Booshman = yes I will adopt you. You can live on the empty shelf in the toy room until more toys arrive, but after that I am cutting the cord and you are on your own (sorry brother).

Mad Bubbler
    :tygra:

6. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

O yes I forgot to mention (none thundercats related).
    Anyone with any villain ideas from classic 80's and early 90's please don't hesitate. My goal is to actually get at least 1 villain from every 80's cartoon to display in the cabinet.

Daremonger likes this.
  7. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

That certainly was a tough decision, but I probably would have picked the Feliner as well. :) I (and I'm certain that every other fan here) would love to see more pics of the Feliner, please. It is not everyday that us mere mortals get a chance to gaze upon this wonderful prototype! ;)

Daremonger and Sebastiaan like this.
  8. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Thunderian Legend

I take my hat off to you Mad Bubbler. I will have sweet dreams tonight after seeing your collection. I might not be on the shelf with Booshman, but I'll sure be drooling all over the floor with wonder!!! :) Super impressive and I think you should be inducted into some kind of hall of fame for your collection. Well done. It's certainly worth every penny spent.
    PS: Is there any chance of showing more pics of the Feliner? I've read that it could fit 3 figures - but I'm note sure where they'd sit? Was it 2 in front and 1 in the back? Or 1 in front and 2 in the back? I always wondered what it looked like inside where the flaps lift up. Would you take a photo or 2 of the seats and perhaps put a figure in to show the space? Would surely ease my curiosity since there are no high res pics out there of these areas.

adssse and Wilycub like this.
  9. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

Over the years I have had lots of requests for more high resolution photos and different angles. Unfortunately I have never given the answer anyone wanted to hear. Call me crazy and possibly paranoid but my reluctance comes from preventing any reproductions being made. let me explain, lets take the Mad Bubbler figure for example. When Jordan Hembrough released the high resolution photos for the Mad Bubbler prototype it was amazing because we all finally got to see it from every angle. About 2 years after that a European company designed, produced, and sold (in limited quantities) an AMAZING reproduction of that figure which sold for only $500+-. I personally feel the real Mad Bubbler is no longer the holy grail it once was. Don't get me wrong, I am kicking myself for not buying one of those reproductions, but i do not not want the same thing to happen to the feliner.

However, i can tell you it holds 1.5 figures in the front and 2 figures in the back (depending on size). The wings are foldable with retracting legs (with wheels), the neck retracts in and out, plus the mouth opens and closes. All the decals were hand painted and then applied. I was told during its purchase that mine was only Feliner that was fully functional with ALL features working intended for the final product. I can not confirm this 100% because I have not seen the other 2 in existence.

10. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I would have done the same. Not only is the Feliner epic, but (call me crazy) I would probably like to have Redeye most of all of them!

11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I can understand your concern. Thank you for sharing some of the details on one of our favorites!

12. Sebastiaan

I fully understand. But its good to know now that there is space for 2 in the back. It's a pity that we can't see it, but hopefully one day we might catch a glimpse of it. Or hopefully Mattel will be sweet enough to produce that one in their line hahaha :)

13. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

To be honest, ever since Mattel announced that they were doing a Thundercats Classic line, the first 3 products that I instantly wanted them to do were:
    1) The Cats Lair
    2) Castle Plundar
    3) The Feliner

Now wouldn't that be a dream come true.

Sebastiaan likes this.
  14. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

You should make a deal with one of those companies to sell reproductions of the Feliner and get a good percentage of each one they sell. LOL. £££££ :D

Sebastiaan likes this.
  15. Mcaseres

Mcaseres Glass Walker

Nice Collection Mad Bubbler! You have a bunch of amazing pieces! I like that you have a Skycutter pencil sharpener moc. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has one! Do you have the Thundertank Keychain too? I didn't see it in there?

16. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

Not a bad idea, I may try to contact mattel if the classic line dose well. I would even settle for a free feliner.

Mark M and Sebastiaan like this.
  17. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

I don't have the key chain, but I do have the Thundertank "racer" launcher for the end of your pencil. I think it is hanging right about the sky cutter sharpener.

18. Sebastiaan

I would love a Feliner from Mattel. (Mattel take note - get in touch with the Mad Bubbler!!!!)

Daremonger likes this.
  19. bonyo1980

bonyo1980 Glass Walker

Excellent colection !!!! awesome !!

20. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

wow that lot much of cost a pretty penny .