Mad Bubblers Collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by Mad Bubbler, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Quickjaws

Quickjaws Berbill

Killer man, absolutely killer! Makes my collection look like amature hour! Glad to see redeye ended up in good hands, I missed that when another major collector sold his stash. Didn't see much on the international side. Playful, glasslite, unitoys, macplay, ect, is that not your thing? Are you the 3rd owner of the LS Bengali? I am just trying to remember what came from where lol. Anyhow, glad to see you are hard at it! Now all you need is a set of molds...

2. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

It has been a while since I have posted any new additions, here are a few of the latest and greatest.

I finally tracked down all the UK Thundercats Collected comics. All are in mint (or near mint) condition, most still have the poster or fold-out game sheets inside.

[​IMG]

Mezco Mumm-ra prototype. Besides the Mattel classics line, this Mezco line was freaking awesome, I really wish they would do the villains in this scale (if anyone from Mezco is listening).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I gave up collecting the Loyal Subjects series. They are cool mini figures, but highly overrated in my opinion for the cost and the blind box gimmick is a scam. Big Booooo to Funko Savage Island figures. the price is great but the quality is very poor.
    [​IMG]

Now every collector bone in my body hates this 3D printed figures but the reality is they are pretty cool. If Mattel would get there sh@t in place I would not be forced to buy these 3D prints (but until then, I have no choice).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(I still have to paint the Bruteman and the Mad Bubbler)

Now for anyone out there who loves Rambo, I highly recommend the Rambo animated series, but even more awesome then that are these unrelated early 90's Toy Island Rambo figures that look like they should be sold in a dollar store. I can't explain why but I have been hunting for this Battlefront playset for years and I finally tracked one down at a local toy store. The box is pretty rough but the figures and accessories have never been removed or played with. I definitely overpaid for this item (I have no regrets) but I think what made the deal worth it was the Mexican Rambo figure that came with it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I am a HUGE fan of the animated Rambo cartoons (Rambo and the Force of Freedom). :)

Mark M and Mad Bubbler like this.
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I like those Ratar-O, Alluro, Bruteman, and Mad Bubbler figures. :)

Mad Bubbler likes this.
  5. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

Rambo and the Force of Freedom!
    Great cartoon series, plus awesome figures made by Coleco but unfortunately a very underrated and overlooked series by many. Last year I rewatched the full series and unlike most cartoons you watch as an adult, the Rambo series is still pretty good. Part of me wants to say Rambo cartoon was better than G.I Joe, but until I rewatch G.I Joe I can't be 100% sure.
    I hear they are making a new Rambo movie (Rambo 5) apparently he is back home on his ranch but battling the drug cartels. I am not sure how I feel about the plot yet.

:tygra:

6. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

Agreed, the 3D prints are freaking awesome. They are fully articulating plus the accessories came out very nice too. I have a sword of Plundar for Ratilla but still have to assemble and paint it. If you are interested in 3D prints I picked these up from a guy on ebay called "repobubbles". He is pretty good to deal with however getting a hold of him is very frustrating.

Daremonger likes this.
  7. Wilycub

Absolutely agree! I loved the Rambo action figures. Wish I had some of the them when I was younger, especially the 6-Wheeled Jeep. I've never really seen even a single G.I. Joe cartoon, but I've always felt that Rambo FoF was better than many other action cartoon series from that time. It was great that they used music from the actual Rambo movies. That really elevated the show. And the opening is pretty wicked!!

As for Rambo 5, I think that it's unnecessary. Stallone really needs to let go of this character now and do something new and different.

Mad Bubbler and Mark M like this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

@Wilycub and @Mad Bubbler we are actually doing the G.I. Joe cartoon in the R.O.C.K.S. thread this week. Perhaps once it is finished one or both of you could come up with a list of Rambo and the Forces of Freedom episodes we could cover them on the next R.O.C.K.S. discussion. I only seen a few Rambo episodes a couple years but but really enjoyed them.

The Coleco toys look excellent. My friend had the Rambo figure in the blue jeans and white top with the logo on it.
    I owned a knock off Rambo figure, it was completely solid and didn't move. I also had a Rambo inspired figure Lieutenant Sterne Strongbo from X-Force by Acamas Toys part of their X-Changers toy line.
    [​IMG]

Btw @Mad Bubbler that Rambo Battle Piece Set re-uses the moulds from Galoob's A-team toys. The 4x figures re-use the A-team figures body moulds along with the raft and barrels and the flame thrower back pack etc. The Rambo figure in the Green and Black outfit on the left re-uses another A-team Hannibal figure mould.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Daremonger and Mad Bubbler like this.
  9. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

I think I am going to have to agree with you on both fronts. Cartoon is freaking amazing, and Stallone needs to chill out on acting already . Lol
    There was also talks about a Rambo TV series based on Rambo's son which did not include Stallone. However I think the show was put on the back burner or scrapped.

Wilycub likes this.
  10. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

Well that is a good catch Mark. I did not know about the A- team play set. Very cool. I might try and track one down. It would display nicely beside the rambo set.

Can you send me the link the R.O.C.K.S. discussion, so I can be brought up to speed to what it's all about? I might be able to help out for anything Rambo.

Also. That X-force figure is amazing and the accessories are great.

Mark M likes this.
  11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The A-Team set shouldn't be too hard to find for a good price. They used to be on eBay UK regularly.

the X-Changers figures are really nice sturdy figures. I used to have a few of them. I had 3x of the X-Force, 2x Battlehawks and 3x Cosmic Cowboys. they work and display very well with the majority of other 80's action figures.

In the R.O.C.K.S. discussion we discuss selected episodes from old kids shows. Re-watching Old Classics Kids Shows.
    We have covered quite a few over the last couple years. Most recently we covered He-Man, She-Ra and New Adventures of He-Man.
    http://thundercats.org/forums/index.php?threads/rocks-19a-he-man.10801/
    http://thundercats.org/forums/index.php?forums/other-cartoons-collectables.144/
    If you and Wilycub could make a list of 8-10 Rambo episodes we could cover them after G.I. Joe.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Mad Bubbler likes this.
  12. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

Hey Wilycub,
    I was working in the garage today and I totally forgot I had this thing custom made a few years back. I know you would appreciate it.
    S.A.V.A.G.E.

[​IMG]

Wilycub and Daremonger like this.
  13. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

Mark.
    Give me a few weeks. I will rematch a few Rambo episodes then send you a short list.
    There are some real good episodes that would be great for others to review.

14. Wilycub

Awesome!!!! You really made this? Fantastic job. :thumbsup

Mad Bubbler likes this.
  15. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

I found someone on ebay a few years back that made custom flags. I figured I would give it a shot. It was only $30 and it turned out very good. Well worth the money. Lol.

16. Mad Bubbler

Mad Bubbler Crabman

FYI to all true Thundercats collectors on this forum.

I have been debating about selling all my doubles (carded figures and vehicles) plus most of the general merchandise from my collection. I am currently putting together a list of items to distribute to any interested collector. If you are interested in any of the doubles or merchandise please send me a PM with your name and email contact and I will send you the list of items later this week or early next week. Please keep in mind that the prototypes are NOT FOR SALE AT THIS TIME.

There is no specific reason for the sale, I do not need the money; I have just decided that it might be time to share my collection with others as Thundercats toys have become very hard to find (unless you pay a fortune on eBay for them). I am not trying get rich off of this sale however in the event that none of the offers are in my comfort zone I will hang on the the items for another day.