major Toysandtoons thundercats update

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by Andrew, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

Toysandtoons.com just got updates with a ton of thundercats stuff. There will be more (vehicles and stuff) going up over the weekend. Already listed are many loose and carded items...It includes my loose thunderwings lion-o and luna lasher mumm ra. These are the ones that used to be a part of my personal collection so you know its got to be the best stuff out there. I am no longer the owner of these items, but you're still buying through toysandtoons. I am told there is a tongue-a-saurus and some carded heroes still to be added to the site. Definitely check it out.

2. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

Ahhh at last i got my hands on a loose Luna Lasher Mumm-Ra...next best thing to a carded one ;) Thanks Andrew, you really made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

manny did you buy the ll mummra already? I didnt see it.

4. MannysCollectibles

Sure did, the very minute he posted I bought it. It was $150 and although it is a bit much for a loose figure i think it is a fair price given that there has been one carded in the last few years and one loose one in the last few years as well. I think its a good deal given that it is such a rare figure.

5. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

Glad to see you snagged it so fast. I know its something you've been looking for.

Any chance you are going to make it to the fx show this year? I am trying to make preperations still-getting artwork and stuff all set up. Let me know if you're going to make it.

6. MannysCollectibles

Yeah you know ive been looking for it for quite some time. Unfortunately i wont be making it to FX this year plus my wife will be coming in that weekend from Germany so it wouldnt work. If you can take pictures and post them here that would be super cool, Id like to see what your set up is like and what FX looks like this year. It kind of sucked when it was at the Fairgrounds

7. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

Will do...I think the convention center is better for shows in general-like a better presentation, but the fairgrounds had a sense of unpredictability.

Here is a teaser image. We will have this on an 5 x 8 foot banner behind the booth, as well as on "business cards" to give away.

Attached Files:

8. Peter

Peter New Member

Hey guys.... There are alot of cool Thundercats toys at www.toysandtoons.com we just updated a TON of our Thundercats section this past weekend.... been starting to sell some stuff.... even solda loose Luna lashor Mumm-Ra this past weekend. Check out whats left!!

Oh there is even a MIB (unused contents) Tongue-A-Saurus there!!

Some prices may be high on the RARE stuff.... but we try to keep them as low as possible on the more common items!

9. MannysCollectibles

Hey Peter hows it going, glad you joined us here...I was the one who bought the LL Mummra this weekend, been looking for at least a loose sample for a few years already. Amazing how tough it is to get it.

If my taxes come in early before the 26th Ill be going to FX (fingers crosseD)

10. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

your killing me on that glasslite sword. never seen the box before. wish I had more money kicking around as the art is sweet and would go great with my boxed glasslite figs

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  11. Mummra 8 back is more common than you think and u got it listed for $800! lol. I know there are diff variations like battery offer etc but they do pop up on ebay quite often.

12. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

To be fair, a number of factors play into pricing at toysandtoons. Some items are on consignment. Some are part of collections where "if it sells for this much, it will be sold" and are not in the same catagory as "inventory". Some prices are based on what was paid originally. Some are based on future speculation as to what is expected to happen in the collecting market based on some insider info we're privy to. Sometimes prices are based on controlling our inventory...Sometimes there is a little leverage on items to alter pricing...sometimes there isn't. If the pricing doesn't work for someone, there are other places to shop, but our pricing isn't arbitrarily determined by slapping a number on something and seeing what happens. We're pretty on top of where things should be priced in the market. We do boundaries on pricing that aren't seen by people who don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

13. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

honestly rob. Andrew is one of the foremost thundercats collectors out there. He knows alot and has been collecting tcats for a long time. I stand by toysandtoons (never ordered from the site though I mean to, but have time and time again ordered from peter on ebay and off of ebay). I always get a quality product and great packing and speedy shipping. in fact a few of my items were once in his (andrew's) collection. there is no need to call anyone out on there prices. as there is always another place to shop if you dont want to pay the price.

14. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

I'll cut it off now before anyone gets the impression that I am offended. This kind of thing doesn't bother me and we get it often when toysandtoons is at conventions. At FX 2007, we had someone come up to us and complain about how one of our transformers was $400 and a guy across the building had a nicer one for $200...Like how can I respond to that...First, show me where the other one is so I can buy it ;), second, if theirs is cheaper and better, why tell me...just buy that one yourself and know you got a good deal...and third, if we have more than that amount invested in the one we already have, we can't alter our pricing so significantly. Most times, we don't mind sitting on the stuff we have for a period of time. As it would turn out, he was just trying to get it for a lesser price and there was nothing on the other side of the room...

I just wanted to explain how complicated pricing can be. People sometimes don't understand how it works from this side of things. I wish I could sell everything for $1...likewise, I wish I could get everything I want for $1, but thats not how it works. My 8 back collection is going to go on toysandtoons soon and they will definitely get alot of criticsm for pricing ;). Thats going to be one of those cases of "If it sells, I will let it go, but I'll need to get a pretty penny for them". I don't want to sell them, but if someone has the money to spend, I have other places where that money will be of more use to me. Producing cartoons ain't cheap, neither is registering trademarks. I love my thundercats 8 backs, but I have accept that everything has a price...but that price is going to be more than a nice dinner. It has to be something that makes me sell something I care about, knowing I can't get it again. Like if you sell the original mona lisa painting, you know you're probably never going to own it again.

To Rob, no worries. Hopefully you can do some buying from toysandtoons at some point (if you haven't already that is-I don't know who is a customer there since I don't handle the orders). I am more and more moving away from the toy sales, but will always be involved in the site. I have a property under my hat that I am hoping will be one of those big hits for the 8-12 year old boys market. We're trying to establish ourselves with this Redneck Space Track concept, but we have something we've been working on since 2005 that will be geared towards kids. My partner Kyle has two twin boys who are 2 and 1/2 years old now. We want to have that property hit tv when they're in the prime age to enjoy it and we can have them help develop the storylines. Have them do stuff that we would have loved to do as kids with our dads. I'd love to create a character property that has as much a place on the toysandtoons banner as lion-o or a ninja turtle. I'm one of the biggest toy/character geeks in the world and I just hope everyone always has a good time with anything I am involved with.

I am definitely not offended by any pricing concerns, but I hope people can understand where we're coming from. I wish it was as simple as that $800 going directly into my pocket as we had sale after sale rolling in...if it was like that, I wouldn't be becoming less and less focused on sales and spending time elsewhere. If not for the hobby business aspect, toysandtoons wouldn't exist. We do it because we enjoy it. I put more money into it than I got out of it in 2007...and I am not even the major player at this point. I'd like to do big things with the toysandtoons name, but everything we do tends to be funded with money from other sources.

I wish it was what some people think it is to be in the "collectible toys" selling business.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  15. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

Totally off topic, I know, but I was on Toysandtoons browsing and saw that you all got to meet Jason David Frank.

Yeah I am 28, but I don't care, I can say it, :D the Green ranger was the best!

As far as the prices, while some things may be high, some things are also very low in contrast to what they would go for on eBay, like the MOC 8 backs. I hope to make a purchase from Toysandtoons soon, as I have been eying a few things.

16. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

I agree...and I am 28 too...He was a cool guy. I'd love to do something with him in the future if the oportunity ever presents itself.

Make sure to click on that image to go to our Redneck Space Track page which has more pictures from the FX Show.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  17. MannysCollectibles

Andrew I think you just summed up why things can be costly at times. Sometimes its hard to understand why some things are high in prices. It basically boils down to the item in question and if you will ever be able to ever have that item again.

Perfect example, I just sold my 1987 LJN Dealer Catalog. One of my most prized items because it has so much unique stuff and its one of those items that more than likely I will never get to own again. So yes I made a little bit of profit but its a way of compensating for the fact that the item is almost irreplaceable.

I rarely sell any of my unique items but I am currently on a very serious mission in which i have to come up with a big sum of money so I have to get compensated for those irreplaceable items. When selling unique items youre paying the price of not ever owning the item again...that price like you said has to be more than a nice dinner. So i understand where youre coming from.