MannysCollectibles Collection

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by MannysCollectibles, Mar 26, 2006.

1. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

To start off here is mine, I have been collecting Thundercats for almost 2 years, my first figure was the mail away Mummra and from there it just took off. I wasnt intending on taking on a whole collection but it just sort of happened. Two of my most awesome finds are a Thunderwings Lion O and one I just recently came across...a 8 back Lion O with battery offer but with red hair instead of orange.

[​IMG]

Here is a more updated look of my collection, finally got some storage shelves for them but will have to get 1 or 2 more. Some items are missing but can be found on my first post. Here it is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second part...more Thundercats in my other closet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last part...playsets and such

[​IMG]

Scored a Mumm-Ra with battery offer (light colored accesories)....Now i have to get my hands on the dark accesories Mumm-Ra w/ battery. The right one is to show the difference

[​IMG]

2. Dragonrider1227

Dragonrider1227 New Member

NICE HAUL!! *is jealous*

3. Thundercutter

Thundercutter Junior Member

That is a very nice collection there. I wish I had all of those, good going!

4. MannysCollectibles

Thanks Thundercutter :panthrohappy: Its taken me almost 2 years to acquire everything but unfortunately like it says below my screename....23 left and counting. I've figured that including all variations i still have 23 out of 90 something figures/playsets to get. That alone will probably take me a couple of more years

5. starrcade89

starrcade89 Vortex Explorer

great set up, have you got a whole room for your figures?
    i wish i could display mine, the wife wont have it!:duh:

6. MannysCollectibles

Well I'd like to have a whole room for all my figures but unfortunately not. Where all my figures are displayed is actually the living room. My wife is very understanding...lucky me otherwise she wouldnt have it. IKEA is perhaps the best place to get display cases. The one and only case i got i bought it there and it only cost me $130...not bad huh?

7. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

That's an awesome collection, MannyC! Quick question - I'm intrigued by two items that you have their, the "LJN Toys Ltd. 1987" folder that looks like it ought to contain photos, and also the "Sneak Previews Cassette" of ThunderCats. Both of these are in that bottom photo in post #6 - please can you LMK what they are, I'm really curious! Many thanks! :)

Take care... :)

8. MannysCollectibles

The LJN Toys, LTD 1987 is actuall the dealers catalog for LJN toys of that year, the Sneak Previews Cassete actually shows a scene of Thundercats that you can view with a special viewer. Its almost like a film that when rotated it shows you a certain animation. Hope this helps

9. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

That helps a lot, thank you! :) Out of curiosity, do you know which scene of ThunderCats that cassette actually shows, is it a genuine scene from the cartoon or is it unique to that reel? Needless to say, I'm fascinated by this stuff! :)

Take care... :)

10. MannysCollectibles

I checked the packaging of the cassette but it doesnt state what scene it shows. The only way would be to actually view it and unfortunately i dont think that will ever happen :(

11. centurn

centurn Active Member

Well Manny, what can I say but droooool... I think I've drooled over your collection in other posts too. Very nice!

12. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Manny, I've seen pictures from your collection in TNI forums and since then I kept some in my computer, in a folder about "collections"!

Now with your new closet, I saved those ones too, it looks much better now! Are the closet doors made of glass, so people can loot through it?

I noticed that you only have one loose figure: A Mumm-Ra. Why only that? Is is a version of Mumm-Ra? Or the original?

Oh, and about loose, don't you like to have one like that, to touch, to feel? I mean, I love my Monkian MOC, but I have a need of touching, making the arms move, something like that... Well, I'm not talking about a loose collection, but just the main TC and the Mutants?

Have you ever insured that? I hate to talk about this, but accident happens and that collection of yours is worth a fortune, a fire would be a disgrace!

13. MannysCollectibles

They are made of glass and wood...it is actually a book cabinet I bought at a store called IKEA. They have nice display cases at affordable prices.

Actually I have a few loose ones...Ratar-O,Tuska, Bengali and the Mumm-Ra. The Mumm-Ra is special though because it is the dark accesory variant, it is from the first series that came only with the battry offer, Since I havent been able to get it MOC then I'm contmpt with it being it loose :)

I usually play with them often but when I do I use the battlematic action when i play with my daughter or to scare my dog :)

There is a company that insures collectibles and to insure it for $10,000 it would cost about $20 dollars a month.Ive looked into it but really havent gotten around to paying that much for insurance. I know I should do it because with a fire it would be a total disaster and I would be devastated not because of the value but the time and joy I have spent collecting them and finding every piece I have.Perhaps its something I should do

14. Holy cow is that one heck of a collection! Seeing those boxes brought back memories when I was a girl. LOL it's like Toys R Us in your home.

All I have to date, is the metal lunch box without the thermous, a few loose action figures that even though I got for myself, my two kids conficated and play with them all the time. (Lion-O, Panthro, Tygra and Lynx-O) The Cheetara figure I did have, my daughter broke off the head..(funny, I did the same thing when I was a girl and owned that figure.) LOL like mother like daughter. But for fun and to tease all of the Cheetara fans out there...I did blow it up on the 4th of July. *note to self, post the pics on EOT.

From what I saw, I would easily guess your collection is worth thousands of dollars.

15. MannysCollectibles

I guess you can compare it toy a toy store... thats only just a few and the rest are displayed in a closed closet. Eventually when we have a bigger house I plan on having a room just for toys. Then its when the fun begins and all the Cats come out. In the meantime I'll just have a couple displayed. Its the best I can do :( When that does happen I'll be sure to post again on the updated look.

16. Hey Manny gr8 to always see your collection, hopefully one day mines the same. Gr8 score on the tongue o saurus its hard to come by.

17. Purrsia

Purrsia Moderator

That is a nice collection. Oddly, I think I'm most impressed with the plush Snarf for it's still in the box - I don't think I've ever seen one like that before. I've always found them loose.

Thanks for sharing.

18. MannysCollectibles

Thanks Purrsia...for those that have never seen the back of the box it is very neat and it is unlike any of the toys card backs which display the different figures that came out. On the Snarf the back of the box shows different pictures of actuall episodes.Here it is:

[​IMG]

19. MannysCollectibles

Here's my latest addition...Cpt Cracker prototype clay sculpt. Too bad its missing one leg

[​IMG]

20. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Hey Manny, I was watching that clay model too, just to see how high it reaches! :)

How do you plan storing it?