Marvel or DC?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by shigsy2003, May 28, 2006.

?

Marvel or DC

Poll closed May 30, 2006.
  1. Marvel - Spider-Man, X-Men, The Hulk etc

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. DC - Superman, Batman....Nuff said!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. shigsy2003

shigsy2003 Crabman

Howdy

Only using the two biggest superhero comic makers for this one. Simple question: Which do you prefer? Obviously this will be affected by your fave superhero's.

I personally prefer Marvel, Spider-Man being my all time favourite superhero and being a big fan of X-Men.

What are you guys and gals opinions?

Chris M

2. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

I'm a "Marvelite" through and through - although I really like DC superheroes (especially Batman), the Marvel Universe is one of the big passions of my life! Unquestionably my favourite thing to read and collect are Marvel comics published between about 1977 - 1994! :)

My favourite Marvel superhero is Captain America (see my post in one of your other threads! ;)), and my second-favourite is Spider-Man. My favourite villain is a tough choice, but probably Doctor Doom! :)

Take care... :)

3. wacky martin

wacky martin TCL Member

Batmans my favourite superhero, but I dont really know of any DC comics outside of Superman(which I cant stand). Marvel has a better range with stuff like Spider-Man and X-Men.

4. Jaga

Jaga Moleman

When I was in to comics I went thru the "Crisis" era of DC. For some reason Marvel did not appeal to me at that time. It is most likely due to the DC properties being all around with Cartoon, Movies, etc..... In the early 90's I was in to both Marvel and DC titles. My favorite characters are still Booster Gold, Ambush Bug, Red Tornado, The Teen Titans(Cyborg), Bishop(X-Men), and Apocalypse. I am going to set out and re-collect the Teen Titans('80's), Crisis on Infinite Earth, and Age of Apocalypse story lines since My ex-wife has all of my comics.

5. ThunderOtaku

ThunderOtaku Junior Member

DC/Marvel

Personally, Marvel is my fave, having done the old thundercats comics, X-Men, Spiderman (Venom rules...but Eric Forman from 'That 70s show' playing him? I dunno...)and just too many good ones to name... but esp. with this whole Civil War thing going on right now, it's a great time to be a Marvel fan. DC is just a step behind with Superman, and Batman, but the best thing about DC, in my opinion, is Justice League. The first time I saw the Cartoon Network version and I heard Green Lantern bellow his catch phrase, I got the same goosebumps I got whenever I heard Lion-O calling the other Thundercats, He-Man transforming, or "Ready to form Voltron..."
    And I don't know whose fault it was, but Siegel and Schuster, (sp?) creators of Superman, either not seeing too much of their characters profits, or not seeing it until WAY late in life, always really irked me.

My two cents,
    -ThunderOtaku

6. voice_guy

voice_guy Berbill

I was born a Marvel fan. for me DC Comics were too space oriented. I do like Batman most of the time depending on the writer, sometimes writer/artist. (I am looking forward to reading Andy Kubert's new stint as penciler.)

The first comic series I ever read was Spiderman, and I was hooked. It was the early 80's, back when it was really good. The early to mid 90's was good I fell in love with the Editor:Danny Fingeroth, Writer: J.M. DeMatteis, and
    Pencils & Inks: Sal Buscema team.

Next up was with X-Men, Giant size, then Uncanny, then X-Factor, and so forth up to the end of Generation X, and Uncanny X-men up to the end of the Onslaught arch. For a while, I began being obssessed with X-men, I know so much useless knowledge about them at this point. I know more about
    Muir Island, and Charles' son Nathan Haller, than I do about the United States history. Enough of which to write for the comic, and understand the continuity pretty well. It really is sad to admit.